Thread: Need Suggestions for Chicago Trip!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Everyone [img]smile.gif[/img]

I and another mom are taking our 10 year old DDs to Chicago this weekend!! We are sooooo excited!! We have reservations for Molly's Spooktacular Dinner on Saturday, plus the show.

I'm looking for suggestions for meals, other activities, etc. We are really splurging on this trip, so the skies the limit! We would like to catch a show - we're looking at Wicked or Altar Boyz - or maybe both. If you have been to Chicago, or if you live there, and can give me some tips based on your past experience, I would really appreciate hearing from you!

Thanks so much!
    Lisa [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh the fun you will have. We just did the big Mother Daughter AG trip this past August. My first suggetion is to call the Chicago store and ask for a personal shopper. The personal shopper service is free and a great way to make sure that you aren't late for dinner or the show. Besides that you have the opportunity to skip the long check outlines and go to a private check out area. Bonus there. Don't forget to use the Coat Check service for your coats or packages. We saw the show and my duaghter loved it. She wants the soundtrack CD for Christmas now. Also don't panic if you leave your show tickets at the hotel...like we did. Go to the Concierge desk and they will reprint your tickets for you. That was a lifesaver for us.

As for other Chicago sites & a show. If you can get tickets to Wicked I highly recomend it. I saw it in Chicago last year and loved it. You won't look the Wizard of Oz the same after seeing the musical. The set design is amazing and the story has some great humor. But I don't recomend the book. You can also check out the Hancock building or Sears Tower. Another great place to visit while in Chicago is Navy Pier. It has some great shops & an atrium with Jumping Waterfalls. They have a ferris wheel and a few other rides there as well but weather there will dictate if they are running. There is also an IMAX Theater, Build a Bear Workshop, & Buba Gump Shrimp Restaurant as well. There is a fun Rock & Roll McDonalds, Hard Rock Cafe, & Rainforest Cafe all in the same area. If you were going after Thanksgiving I would recomend checking out all the store windows. They really do the holiday up right and are so much fun for the kids.

What Hotel are you staying at? We stayed at the Holiday In City-Center and really liked it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wicked would be a great addition to your trip!
    Eating at the Grand Luxe is great-lots of choices, so even choosy 10 year olds can find something-and not too badly priced. Get the chocolate cake dessert with the warm chocolate coming out-yum!
    The Shedd Aquarium is always a hit with my nieces.
    This time of year the Navy Pier is probably all decked out and fun to do a little tourist shopping-and they have the ferris wheel which kids love. And sometimes they have a 3D movie at their IMAX movie theater which is fun and different.
    Instead of going to the observation deck of the John Hancock, go the "bar" area of the restaurant and sit down at a table and order a coke or something (will cost the same as the observation deck ~$8), but you can sit and enjoy looking out-the view from the women's bathroom is especially nice.
    Hope that helps...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Don't forget a carraige ride. My kids love that and they get to feed the horse after the ride.