Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Do you think they will:change her hair and/or skin tone,give her josephina's face mold,give her a hair texture like no curls,and give her a hair cut?I think AG will make the Kit's rickrack dress thats in "Kit's Surprise"What are your ideas?And Ruthie will wear a flowered yellow dress ...that kind of looks like Kits b-day dress but yellow. [img]graemlins/hmmm.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img] [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

An accurate Ruther doll, to me, would be;

Facemold: Unsure
    Hair: Curly, JUST like #26 or #24
    Eyes: Brown
    Extras: Freckles, MAYBE earrings, deffentely posts like Elizabeth, not hanging ones that you cannot take out ala #27
    Outfit: Yes, just like Kit's b-day dress, but yellow with purple flowers and little purple flower buttons, and the little curvy part by the bottons purple as well. But maybe, instead, it has a velcro back so you don't have to button and stuff like Kit's b-day dress, cause it gets annoying! Then, either purple sandals, or purple socks with Emily's shoes (the T-strap)and a yellow ribbon or a bow on a headband has a headpiece.

That (to me anyway) would be an accurate Ruthie doll.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 25, 2006 04:09 PM: Message edited by: American Girl Forever ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ruthie's father had a job, so her clothes can be fancier than Kit's. So, I don't think she'll come in a flour sack dress.

A new book will come with her, so they will probably take some outfits from there. Molly's Ice Skating Outfit and Emily's Sledding Outfit aren't pictured anywhere.

The clothes the friend dolls are wearing don't seem to come from the existing books. Not so far, anyway.

I hope that they don't change the way she looks, because she's already beautiful. Elizabeth, Nellie and Emily weren't. They may have been great characters in the book, but I'm sure AG was concerned that they wouldn't sell as dolls, looking as plain as they did.

The movies are altered for content, they even made Emily Molly's best friend, when she was not. Who knows what will happen (it's fun to speculate, however)?

I guess we'll just have to stay tuned and watch. I certainly plan on doing just that. I love when it gets closer to the release and you guys come up with such great clues.

Kit's case isn't even selected yet. I think I'm still curious about Nikki. It's easier thinking about all this in smaller doses. At least for me it is.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ohhh!!! I love to speculate about Ruthie! I love the Kit books and really think Ruthie will be a beautiful doll. I hope they don't change anything from the illastrations in the book, because she is very pretty.

I'm hoping for a girl with medium brown hair (between Samantha's and Molly's colors) with bannana curls down her back. She should have dark eyes and wear a ribbon around her hair. I just can't wait!

Jessica

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'd love it if someone could photoshop these ideas (I certainly don't have the talent).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i can't wait for ruthie,i've always personaly like ruthie just a smidge better than kit. I don't think they'd change anything about the way ruthie looks. And if american girl did there is no exuse, because they can't use the exscuse they used for making elizabeth blonde, since ruthie dosn't look at all like kit so there is no reason to change her.
    here is my desicription for ruthie
    Ruthie doll
    Your 18in Ruthie doll comes dressed in A yellow dress that has a rosepattern and purple trim with white cotton underwear . She also wears black maryjanes Brush her long brown ringlets and pull them back with a yellow ribbion Her lovely brown eyes open and close.

i'll add what i think her asseroryies should be in a bit

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I made a ruthie kit pic on paint,i'll try to put it on the web and then give the url to you.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am sooo excited for Ruthie. I hope they don't change anything!