Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Has anyone ever gotten an angry email from someone they outbid on eBay?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The thing that made me laugh about this whole deal was that she was actually mad at someone for bidding on an auction! I mean, DUH -- it's an auction website! I did use a sniper to win, but like Deborah said, lots of people do these days. I know that it is frustrating to lose at the last second, but her max bid was $50 for the retired blue trundle bed, bedding and nightstand -- chances were good that someone was going to go higher than that. She is going to have to seriously grow some thicker skin if she's going to keep shopping on eBay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I must admit, back in my early ebay days, I did the same thing. However, I credit the buyer with her response. She was very matter of fact and stated that what I did was against ebay policy and that she could report me (actually I think she did). It made a very strong impression on a newbie like me, and made it clear how the gloves are off when it comes to bidding. It probably was someone in a similar case who hasn't learned the intricacies of ebay so try and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have to agree with Luv*AG. I haven't written to someone but many, many years ago I remember bidding on a boys size Atlanta Braves uniform for my son. He had been saving his money and finally found one in his size. We put our bid in, it was past his bed time and with 14 seconds left and no other bidders I felt as though we had won. I was so disappointed when I later went on to pay and saw we had been outbid. I felt sick for him and myself. I wanted to do something, I mean this wasn't something for me but my son. I was new to ebay at the time. Even though the grown up in me realized "that's life" the parent in me wanted to say something. I didn't though but I can understand someone in the heat of the moment writing you.
    I bet it was scary recieving such a nasty message. Hopefully the sender is already feeling dumb and embarrased and you won't be getting any more.

[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Kristin

joelanddeborah

Oh, Kristin--your story about your son made me sad.

It reminds me there is always another side to every story--a good lesson!

Thank you very much.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If you got an email from another bidder, it had to be through the ebay system so I think I'd have been inclined to click the little link that says "report this" or whatever it says. That's really harrassment if you want to get technical but everyone else is probably right, just ignore it. If you get another email, then report it. jmho fwiw! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had this happen to me as well last year an ebayer accused me of jumping in at the last second and "stealing" the auction from her and ruining her DDs Christmas, well I just emailed her back stating that actually I hadn't bid at the last second-actually I had placed a bid with a sniping service 2 days prior and that the item was a Christmas gift for my own DD and if she wanted it that badly she should have bid more because afterall it is the HIGHEST bid that wins not the last one. She did not write back in hind sight I prob. should have just ignored it , I would just hit the report link

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123