Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Has anyone ever gotten an angry email from someone they outbid on eBay?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wow, it is amazing what some people will do. How crazy is that? Thankfully I have never got a nasty-gram from anyone at Ebay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If it came thru ebay you can report it.Down towards the bottom on the right in a box that says Is this email inappropriate? Does it violate eBay policy? Help protect the Community by reporting it. Click on reporting it

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That's never happened to me in the almost two years that I've been an eBayer member. I think people who accuse you of "ruining their DD's party" are just mad that they missed out on something their DD was really excited about. They are acting "low" by email you with rude things like that. [img]frown.gif[/img] I like the auctions that hide the bidder's identity for this reason.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 22, 2006 06:05 PM: Message edited by: AGfanatic ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I did have, but I think only once! I was shocked she had the nerve to send me an E-mail!
    lol Don't even remember what is was now.
    [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I havent got one from some who outbid me, but ironically I did get one from a buyer today. He said that my "product was what you had advirtised, but is not what i wanted. Send me my money back or I will leave neagative feedback for you, and make sure others do not buy from you!" I was shocked. He clearly stated that he bought what I advirtised, but is threatening me? I offered to refund his money if he returns the product in the same condition he received it in. That was the first email, I then received 2 more where he cursed and threatened to have others leave neagative feedback for me also if I "do not meet his demands immediately". I have never had anything like this happen before. I just do not understand some people. As far as being outbid, isnt that the whole purpose of Ebay? I think some adults are worse than children when they do not get their way. Congrats on your purchase. I hope you enjoy, and post pics soon [img]smile.gif[/img]

Polly Marie

AG Mommy, I think this irate customer is trying to intimidate you into giving back the money and also giving him the merchandise.
    I had a bidder who congratulated me about a doll I won but also stated the doll had terrible hair(not true!). I believe she wanted me to sell the doll to her!
    Have to look for those hidden motives! [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

AG Mommy~ Sorry to hear that is happening to you -- that's awful!! I would just refuse the refund and let him leave negative feedback, and then you can respond below it. I always read a seller's feedback, and I DO read their response if someone leaves them a negative. Unfortunately, that's the one drawback of having really good seller feedback -- some lowlife can use it as leverage against you.

I have 2 dolls up for auction right now (ending tonight), and I am nervous about how things will end up. This is the first time I have sold AG on eBay (I've sold lots of other stuff, though), and I don't plan to do it again for awhile. Hopefully whoever buys my dolls will be nice and honest and a true AG lover.

I have heard of some awful things, like people buying something and then returning it for a refund but sending back a different item (in essence, they just bought the item to switch it out with something they already have but that isn't in as good of condition). That is so despicable to me! I was looking at an auction yesterday where a lady was selling a white body Molly. She said that it was a return from a previous buyer but that it definitely was not the exact same doll and accessories that she had sent the woman. And I think the same thing happened to an HB member who sold a retired outfit to someone. I mean, who thinks to do something so underhanded?!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think these people need to be reported to eBay. I'm sure they would be told the rules in no uncertain terms.

I know it's against the rules to write to someone who outbit you.

The person treatening you - well, I would send that to arbitration and let eBay handle the transaction. They get in the middle and come to a compromise that both of you should be happy with.

joelanddeborah

For all of our sakes, I think you should report this message to ebay. Ebay has to remain safe and friendly or we just won't go there.

Everyone needs to take this kind of shopping in stride. We really have to remember that people are often bidding through bidding services, now! I've started doing that, myself, and I have No idea who is bidding on the same item. We all need to realize we are bidding against someone's computer-generated bid through cyber space. We just can't get our feelings hurt, or ebay will stop being an interesting and fun way to buy things we can't buy anywhere else.

I haven't received a nasty note from another buyer for winning something, but I have received several interesting ( [img]graemlins/whatever.gif[/img] ) messages from buyers and sellers both when I bid high and DIDN'T win something. I can't believe how many offers I have gotten to buy things off of ebay! I know it is against the rules, and very unsafe.

I'm so sorry you got a nasty message. I just can't believe some people out there...

On the other hand, I have met the most amazingly wonderful people through this collecting, both through ebay and these AG boards. Aren't we glad there are more nice people out there than nasty ones? [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had this happen once regarding the purchase of a doll (not AG). I didn't respond but for awhile, I did keep an eye on other auctions for the same kind of doll. Several came along and I never saw a bid from the person who sent me the email. A couple of those dolls went for a little less than I'd paid for mine. I agree with those who have said there are just people who want to rant. IMO, the best answer to them is deafening silence. However, I should add that if the person had persisted and contacted me again, I would have reported her to Ebay.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast