Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Should I read Molly's books before the movie?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Molly is the one girl whose books I have never read. We don't have a Molly doll in our household. I was just wondering if you think I should read the Molly books before the movie or wait until it is over? DD has a copy of the Molly Story Collection, but I just never got around to reading it myself.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have been asking myself the same question this week! If we go to Borders this week I might get one of the Molly books just to read for fun before the movie--I'm sure they are all checked out at our local library considering the movie is just days away.

I think if your daughter has them and they are in your house, you should go for it and read them. It has been a long time since I read Molly's stories, but I still vaguely remember them. I'm a big believer in reading books before seeing the movie version for all such book/movie events anyway (Pride & Prejudice for example).

Let us know what you end up doing!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Judy -

What do you mean you don't have a Molly? Everyone needs at least one Molly. Between my daughters and I, we have two WB Mollys, two PM Mollys, and one clone Molly!

And yes, if you have the time, I would read the stories. Or at least read Meet Molly, so you can follow the characters more easily.

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think you don't have to read the books, but it will be easier to understand the movie if you read the stories before hand. Hope that helps. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by LindaL:
    Judy -

What do you mean you don't have a Molly? Everyone needs at least one Molly. Between my daughters and I, we have two WB Mollys, two PM Mollys, and one clone Molly!

Linda
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a feeling we won't be "Mollyless" forever. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ditto to AGFanatic. Oh, yes I would deffently read the books. Not because their good ( [img]wink.gif[/img] ) but so you can follow the movie easier. I had not read the Sam books before the movie, (still have not done so) and I was confused, but my friend who had all the books helped me "get" it. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was wondering if the movie would be more interesting if you don't know what is going to happen. I was also wondering if I would be disappointed if the movie didn't exactly follow the storyline of the books. Those were my two reasons for not wanting to read the books. However, it sounds like everyone thinks reading the books beforehand is the best idea, so I will. Thanks! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am not going to read them because I'm afraid it will spoil the movie for me knowing all of the differences that they changed. I'll probably read them afterwards.

If that's not a concern to you, I'd go ahead and ream them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it depends upon whether you want to enjoy the movie as a movie, or whether you like to see what has been changed, modified or even done better in the movie versus the books. My preference is for the latter, but then I'm the type who reads movie spoilers ahead of time.

Felicity_Fan85

You could maybe read Meet Molly before the movie and then decided from there. I'm going to reread all of them (of the main 6) starting tomorrow-one per day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast