Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

I just got off of ebay a Molly doll and a Kirsten doll. On the back of their neck it say "Pleasant Company" but really big. Not like my Josefina doll that I got in December as a gift. On Josefina the stamp is very small and more legible than Molly & Kirsten.

Does that mean anything...are they older models...pre-mattel maybe?

Also I noticed that when I tried to make two braids on Molly, where the part is the hair is very short...I'm not sure if the woman I got it from cut the hair or that's the way the doll is?

Just another question I thought I'd ask!

Thanks in advance!

Sail-Away

I have also wondered about this. Not just the stamp but also the other numerical printings on the neck....

Molly-Gotz eyes- has just the PC stamp
    Kirsten- 2004 purchase- has PC stamping but also has other stock or numerical indicators

AGoT- 2004 - PC stamp with other id numbers

Seems to me that perhaps older dolls didn't come with a batch number or ID numbers also imprinted on the neck.

Anyone else notice this.

Sail-Away~

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wink

Thanks for the information guys..it was very helpful!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 2 German dolls, and 86 Kirsten and 91 Felicity, only have the pleasant co. stamp- no stock or id #s.

My 1993 Addy, tagged made in China on her dress, DOES have stock/id #s. So maybe it's a German vs. China thing?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sandra, all the dolls who come with hair in two braids have a clipped section of hair in the center to cover the part line and hide the wig scalp. See the thread titled "Some questions answered at AGPC" for more discussion about this question. [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm thinking that the different size printing of the PC on the necks is just an indicator of the factory the head was made in, but I am not sure. Anybody else know for sure?

<font color="#020176" size="1">[ March 11, 2004 12:16 AM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have an 1987 Kirsten, 1988 Sam and 1992 Felicity and al have Pleasant Company in big letters on the backs of their necks. I have a 1993 Addy and she has Pleasant company plus some numbers in big letters on the back of her neck. I got Kaya in 2002 and she says Pleasant Company 2002 on the back of her neck in small letters.