Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: EMily's party at AGPNY- PICTURES added now!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yuck!!!!
    Talk a missed opportunity!!!
    The collection is awesome, but there was no real introduction of anything. The items just sat in the middle of the cafe and after two minutes it was impossible to know what went with what, since all have been moved around by the first "wave" of lookers. Nobody from the staff took the time to present the items, so we had to guess what was what. There were not even labels to identify the items.
    There were tons of PS going around, but none of them had a printed picture of what each set contained. And some of the items were not even on the list!
    The "show" was a waste of time: a "radio" perfomance of Brave Emily, with no visuals and no activity for the girls. At the end there was a tap duo of Emily and Molly as the Victory Sisters, lifted straight out of the AG Revuew, costume and all.
    The cafe service was the worst I've ever seen at AGP. We had to wait at the top of the escalators for over 20 minutes with VERY hungry girls, and then some people did not get their food for over another half an hour!!! Horrible!

Well... now that I am done venting, let me tell you about what I could get out of looking at the collection. Pictures will follow once imagestation gets back on loading line.
    I WANT the STAGE!!! I have no room and no $ for it, but it is AWESOME!!!! The steps are made of some metallic material. The curtains are good quality fabric. The spots are soooo cute!!! You can even change light colors!
    The seats are nothing short of ultra cute! And the quality seems almost non-Mattel!
    Emily's tap outfit is very pretty. I specially love her hat. Molly's Miss Victory now has tap shoes very much like Marisol's.

The dogs are almost identical, with Yank being a bit darker than Bennet.

The chifarobe (sp?) is nice, even though it seemed a bit flimsy. Then again, it may have been improperly assembled.

The fancy bedroom table (can not remember the name) with the little stool is extremely nice and well done.

The hair curling set is so fun! Very nice.

The winter outfits are great but I still can not avoid thinking that in IL you need more than that for winter! May be they will get something more later.

The Christmas dresses are fine, but Emily's has a stiff weird fabric.

EMily herself is a cutie. We already preordered one for DD's birthday present. Her hair, as it's been said in other postings is redder than the current Mattel auburn, but less red than what my old Lissie has. She has the most pretty blue eyes and looks very sweet with her mid length hair.
    Her outfit is very cute, down to her dorky red knee highs (Catholic school memories here!!!)
    Her dog tags could have been better done. They look like stiff coins on a rope.

Well... that's it for now. If you have questions, I'll try to have answers! [img]redface.gif[/img] But considering the non-existent introduction done at AGPNY, I may not have some of the answers.

The pictures are finally here!!!

Ana

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 02, 2006 11:54 AM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 02, 2006 11:59 AM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the reviews! I can't wait to see you pics.

Lara

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sorry you had such a lousy time. [img]graemlins/wilted.gif[/img] I'm such a country gal that I wouldn't have even known that the event could be better. Seeing the girls do their Victory tap routine outside the theater would have been a thrill and a half.

After reading your detail of the theater, with the adjustable and color-changing lights, I just have to get it. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I might pass on the Chiffarobe in order to afford it.

When I was young, my parents made a big puppet stage for me to put on puppet shows. The curtains open and close via drawstring and I always thought it would be cute for the dolls to put on performances. I still have it and if it was just a little taller, it would be big enough for the dolls to use.

Now that Molly has a real stage with fun features, I'll have to get it. I noticed some little buttons on the side of the stage so they must be for sound effects?

Thanks for the detail on the stage!

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Julia,
    I also had a puppet stage when little and the thing got such a milleage!!! I used it soooo much!!!

I think that once finances clear up, I may treat DD (and myself! [img]redface.gif[/img] ) to Molly's stage and 2 sets of seats. The whole thing is soooo beautiful!

I was thinking that if I was back in our old house where we had a useless fireplace (due to flue issues) I would put the stage in the "hole" and the seats on the bricks in front of it, and it would be soooo cool!!!
    Wishful thinking!

Ana

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 02, 2006 11:58 AM: Message edited by: henna1 ]</font>

Polly Marie

Sorry about the service at the premiere. Hopefully some AG people will read your post and fix things for the future. [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]
    Thanks for the reviews and pictures. It really helps in deciding what to purchase later.
    Polly Marie

HB Forum Owner Miss_Nellie_OMalley's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for the pics!! Can't have enough of them... different pics are really good for going over different angles so I can try to make my list of what to order Sept 5th... mwahahah

Its almost like we are there... minus the lowsy service

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the pictures.
    Does Emily have freckles or no???
    I don't see any. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, I don't think she does.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for sharing your pics, especially the close up of Emily. Now I know I have to get her! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cassieandnicolesmom:
    Thanks for the pictures.
    Does Emily have freckles or no???
    I don't see any. [img]graemlins/wonder.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">No, no freckles! Which makes her even a bit more Felicity-ish! But she is still lovely!

Ana

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast