Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think if I do adopt her (Ehem, no Jedi mind tricks, please. ^_~) she'll be rewigged with light brown hair and I'll paint some freckles on her. =) Does that sound cute? I'm still debating on what wig I would use, though...

Inactive Member agcollector293110's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the Margo and Dory wigs.....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For Felicity I like the Carmen wig in carrot.

I bought my fixer-upper Kit off ebay last year. She had ink pen drawn on her teeth and eyebrows, yellow highlighter all over her face and ears, a stain on her body, and her hair had been chopped off badly. She looked so pitiful and sad. I cleaned her up, removed her stains, and put a Monique Stephanie wig on her. Then I sent her traveling around the US. She met 3 wonderful families, one of which was Angie/Gillygals who gave her new face paint and now she's as good as new! See how happy she is now!
    Kit's Restoration Album

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Cool

For several months now I have been considering adopting an abused dolly off of eBay to bring back to life with a good cleaning and a great new wig. I'm not sure if I ever will, though I have been sorely tempted by all of the happy endings I've seen with fixer-uppers here on HB. But for the moment, I'm just content to watch.

However, this afternoon I noticed a poor little abused Felicity on eBay who could definately use some TLC. (Now, no enabling, ladies! ^_~ I'm just WATCHING her.) And I just decided to browse through some of the dolly supply stores to see what sort of wig I would pair with a Lissie doll. And, since I am so easily amused, I'm actually having lots of fun with it. [img]tongue.gif[/img]

So, this thread is dedicated to fixer-uppers, OneOfAKinds, and customized AG dolls! If you've taken in a ratty old dolly and made her sparkle again, please share your story (and of course your pictures)! ^_^

And if you want to do the wig-hunting game with me, feel free to! I'm looking with Felicity in mind, but you can search for any dolly. This is what I've come up with so far, I've tried to think of what would go well with Lissie's green eyes...

Kemper's Estella Wig in Light Brown or Pale Blonde.
    Kemper's Margo Wig in Cinnamon Brown or Deep Red.
    Global's Stormy Wig in Dark Brown or Strawberry Blonde.
    Global's Dory Wig in Light Brown or Frosted Blonde.
    Global's Holly Wig in Light Blonde or Auburn.
    Global's Carmen Wig in Carrot, Light Brown, or Strawberry Blonde.

(I think I'm allowed to post these links. If I'm not, just let me know and I'll be glad to remove them. ^^)

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ August 29, 2006 01:23 PM: Message edited by: Nevtal ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ October 19, 2006 09:46 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the Holly Wig, it is vey nice and I think would go well on Felicity. Good luck on finding that perfect wig! And, of course post pics when you are done too!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am getting a PM Samantha from another board memeber and want to rewig instead of sendng her in for a new head. I am having a hard time finding just the right wig.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Gomunk:
    I am getting a PM Samantha from another board memeber and want to rewig instead of sendng her in for a new head. I am having a hard time finding just the right wig.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Are you trying to find one that looks almost exactly like Sam's original wig? I think I might have spotted one a little while ago. I'll edit the link into this post if I find it. ^_^

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am trying to find one as close as possible to the original. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Nevtal.

ETA: I thought this one might work, but I'm not sure about the ponytail. Danielle wig by Kemper

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 29, 2006 01:01 PM: Message edited by: Gomunk ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just bought a new wig that I think will work. Let me know your thoughts: Wig from Ebay

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 31, 2006 09:21 AM: Message edited by: Gomunk ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Woo-hoo! I got the new wig today, and I love it. My Samantha is not here yet, so I modeled it on Molly and the AG dress form. Let me know your thoughts: Samantha part 1

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast