Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Forgot to add....my Nellie also loves wearing Addy's Flower-picking (formerly called kite-flying) dress---the color looks lovely on her. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just have a question, Nellie was my Dd first " new doll" I am kind of enjoying the fact that her collection is small, it sort of reminds me of the stories of when the first dolls came out!! DD can save for a long period of time and hope for a new outfit for Nellie. I wonder how often the first three girls got clothes in the begining. I know there are many collectors here who started with AG in the begining what was it like back then , how often did a new outfit appear??

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

If Nellies collection is to be small everything should relate to the books. The step dancing outfit is contemporary, Christmas outfit and coat from the movie and spring party outfit relates to a craft book not an actual book. The only outfot that relates to a real book is her meet dress.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I wasn't collecting in 86 (I was barely even born, lol!), but I'm pretty sure it was like it is now, the first 3 books/corresponding outfits were out first along with the nighttime stuff, and then the next year, the next 3 were out. I think it was like 91 that the first "extra" outfits were added.

This continued with Kit and Kaya, and I'm sure any new doll would be the same.

About Nellie, I really wish she had a few more outfits. She only has 2 that are even remotely ok for Spring/Summer: her meet dress and her spring party. Everything else is just too wintery, or too modern. She needs a work outfit, and a summery outfit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Samantha has enough outfits for the army. She could spare Nellie a few. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I bought the Samantha movie and watched it for the first time and fell in love with Nellie- she's so cute so now I have to have her!

Just wondering though- why is Nellie's collection so small? You can practically buy the doll and all her outfits for less than $200. Which is nice but I wish she had more outfits.

Do you think AG will ever release any new outfits for Nellie? I wonder why they don't have a "work outfit" for Nellie- that's what she wears in like 90% of the movie. It could be a dark colored dress and pinafore and maybe an accessory like one of those wire things that they beat the rugs with.

What other outfits do you think would be cute for Nellie? With the friend dolls, do they ever come out with new things, or is everything released at once and that's all?

-Steph

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love Nellie too, and she is such a cute doll (have you looked at Gombe Girl's album)?

Anyway, I'm not sure if they will ever release new outfits for Nellie, but if you want a pre-adoption dress I would get this one Nellie Dress.

Post pictures if you decide to get her!!

Jessica

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think someone posted here before that Addy's work dress would be a cute Nellie work dress as well, and I would agree - I have that dress and I love it - it's so soft and comfortable-looking!

Kim

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We need to keep sending e mails to AG about increasing Nellies wardrobe .

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by kboyd912:
    I think someone posted here before that Addy's work dress would be a cute Nellie work dress as well, and I would agree - I have that dress and I love it - it's so soft and comfortable-looking!
    Kim
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, my Nellie wears Addy's work dress and apron often and LOVES it! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] It looks very nice on her. I [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] Nellie and wish her collection was bigger. I think they might come out with more outfits for her but you can also just use Samantha's outfits on her. She looks especially cute in: the grey flannel school dress, sailor dress, white tea dress with pink trim, blue play dress. Hope that helps! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast