Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't hardly beleive that it's been a year since Huricaine Katrina hit. I was completely glued to the TV for weeks, maybeeven months after it hit. I was in tears tonight just seeing the pictures of it on a news special.

I wasn't active on the board at this time last year and I was wondering if any board members were affected by the storm and how they are doing now.

Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know we had a specific member that lives down in Louisiana, I'm not sure if they were directly affected by Katrina. I recall a user with the name BayouBelle, I believe, and she was asking for us to send some things to the victims in need.

AmericanGirlLover2982

Yes I cannot belive it has been a whole year alreay time does fly. I was also glueded to the TV watching all the horrifying events as they unfolded. It is a time in American History nonce of will ever forget just like 9/11.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I live in San Diego and our church sent teams to help. I was able to go down twice to help serve food. We flew to Bay St. Louis in LA. This is where the eye of the storm hit with the 30 foot wave that wiped out blocks and blocks of homes. I have attached an album that I made from my trips.

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2118615880

I am sorry that I missed the specials they had on TV this last week.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Brown*Eyed*Girl:
    I think the bulk of the specials will be on tonight since today is the official anniversary. I'll probably be watching CNN or maybe I'll TiVo some stuff. I can't beleive they are still finding bodies. I remembering hearing the about the staggering number of children missing and hope that everyone has been reunited by now. The whole thing was so unreal.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">They're STILL finding bodies!!!??? Are you kidding!!??? [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have never been to New Orleans, but I was also glued to the TV during Katrina. My Mom and brother live in Florida and my brother was hit by Emily that year. He is OK but the whole hurricane season was devasting.

Katrina and its aftermath are so sad. I wish a better job could have been done to prevent the loss of life and devastation. Our board was very active with Katrina news. Several of our members have personal ties to the area.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My husband and I spent a lot of time in New Orleans in our pre-children years. We have a deep and abiding love for the history, music, and culture of the region.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think the bulk of the specials will be on tonight since today is the official anniversary. I'll probably be watching CNN or maybe I'll TiVo some stuff. I can't beleive they are still finding bodies. I remembering hearing the about the staggering number of children missing and hope that everyone has been reunited by now. The whole thing was so unreal.