Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have decided to start collecting Bitty Baby. Those outfits are just so darn cute I can't resist anymore! I'm deciding between the asian one and the brown haired/eyed one. I would really like to have the asian one since I am asian myself, but she seems to have less a fuller chubbier face than the other ones. Well, anyways while I decide, does anyone know if the body is weighted like some other baby dolls out there? Or is it just cotton? I have a Chou Chou baby and it is weighted, so I was just wondering. Anyone else have Bitty Baby or collect it? (Kelly I know Alexia does, the twins are cute too, but I wish they had brown haired ones as well, perhaps in the future they will come out with them).

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 26, 2003 03:42 AM: Message edited by: Chauster ]</font>

lovingamericangirl

Aren't they cute? They are not weighted, however Gotz makes an identical doll that has pellets in its' bottom to weigh it down. It is call the Lil' Punkin doll, and they are the same size as bitties and can wear their clothes. I have Gotz Punkin twins, and love them!
    Here is an auction for one.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2399

Hope this helps [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chauster,

I have Bitty Baby. I got one years ago, when the Hispanic doll first came out. I liked the clothing for a while, but as of late it looks like clothes (color and style) only a doll would wear, not a real baby. I think they're going for clothing that little girls can wear so that they can dress like their dollies. They are also made more like play dolls. For example, the knees are in a permantly bent shape,as are the arms. The cloth body extends beyond the torso, so they are not really poseable like the American Girls...they cannot stand, and in some clothing they can't even sit (such as the bear costume). I *do not* like the bald head/painted on hair at all -- I keep a hat on the baby at all times. I never played with the doll and always keep it in a hat, and yet some of the paint has mysteriously chipped off the head.

The doll's face is adorable, but overall I just don't treasure the doll as much as the AGs I have.

If you DO end up getting one, I think you should get one with darker eyes, so you can pretend it's Asian (if you don't get the Asian one). Since you enlarged the eyes on another doll, it might save time just to get the brunette doll instead. [img]smile.gif[/img]

My favorite Asian baby doll (that I own) is Lindsey from My Twinn. http://www.mytwinn.com/assets/produc...arge/8591b.jpg I guess I like there to be hair on the baby dolls! [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 16, 2003 05:07 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Melissa:
    ...they cannot stand...</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Sorry to correct you, Melissa, but they can stand. It's hard to do, I think, but it's possible.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sarah Christine, are you sure? I know they stand in the doll catalogs, but often doll companies put dolls strategically in a doll stand and then remove it from the photo. I can't imagine these dolls being able to stand without some sort of support or leaning against something. I tried a couple dozen times to get my Bitty to stand, all to no avail. Maybe she's just not ready to walk yet. [img]wink.gif[/img] My doll will not even sit properly, unless jammed between a bookcase.

By the way, happy birthday! [img]graemlins/cake.gif[/img]

[Added later...OK, I tried some more. I got Bitty Baby to stand a little bit, but it was very difficult and took a few dozen tries. By placing the two big toes side by side and tilting the doll's body way forward, it's possible to get the doll to stand, though in an unrealistic position, and the doll fell over easily. How about everyone else? Can you get Bitty to stand and sit easily?]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 16, 2003 06:33 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the replies you guys. Melissa, so you remembered my little eye surgery on Li Ling, huh?!!!hehehe! I think I am going to get the asian one, but I don't think I'll have to give her surgery, but then again I haven't really seen her in real form, so we'll see. I used to be like you too, I couldn't stand baby dolls without hair, but then I have lots of AGs now with hair and the Bitties are so cute. I'm kinda weird too when it comes to my doll's hair, I always have to keep them neat! I can't stand it when it ever gets even a little messy, so I think the hairless Bitties will be good for me to play with and hug without worrying about the hair.

Like the other night when we rented a horror movie, I wanted to hug one of my dolls but didn't want to mess up her hair, I then decided that I really need a Bitty, especially for times like those! [img]wink.gif[/img]

I agree the clothes are not that realistic for a baby, but they are so cute, I can't help myself! I'm glad too that they have all cotton stuffing instead of the weighted pellets, more huggable you see.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love Bitty Baby. I agree with Chauster that the outfits are really cute. Also, Bitty is very, very huggable.

I've recently acquired a second-hand Bitty that was in pretty bad shape. As I've posted before, I plan to put a wig on this doll after I've finished cleaning her (the cleaning is taking a while because removing pen marks is a slow process). I will let you all know how that turns out. This might be a way to create toddler dolls with varying skin, hair, and eye color. However, I agree with Chauster that sometimes its nice to not have to worry about messing up hair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Our Bitty Baby stands & the Bitty Twins stand. You just stand them like you do the 18" dolls. They stand perfectly without falling at all. Maybe older Bitty's did not stand but I know for sure the new ones do. I love Bitty Baby!! The outfits are the cutest things!! It is worth buying the outfit just for the cute toy & book! We are thinking of getting another one soon. I love Bitty Baby's molded type hair. You never have to worry about it looking bad or getting frizy or anything!! Absolutely perfect they are!
    I would recommend getting one Chauster. You will like Bitty so much! I would get the asian one.
    So cute! You will have a blast collecting all the Bitty stuff! What kind of eye surgery did you give your doll? Real surgery to make the eyes bigger? Did you do it or take it to a doll shop? I must hear all the details!!!! [img]tongue.gif[/img] To cool! You are doing a great job on your site also. I was showing Alexia all of your doll pics and all the boxes, we both want to come over and play!!!! [img]wink.gif[/img] She loves to see pics of others dolls. Of course now she really wants a puppy just like yours! She thought the doggie bed was the best cutest thing EVER!! Kelly [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 16, 2003 11:24 PM: Message edited by: Kelly Kelly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks Kelly! Tell Alexia that if she ever is in MA anytime, she can come over and play with Cookie, Lily, and all the toys! She is too cute for words, your little one! I just got myself the Asian Bitty Baby, Valentine, Beach, Strawberry B-day, and Winter Wonderland sets, now I can't wait for them to come out with new outfits for Bitty! I like the girl's Sunny day dress that belongs to the Bitty Twins, I wonder if they allow you to just purchase the girl's dress alone without the boy's outfit? Hmmm.....I'll have to call on that, also the play dress is cute too, I think I'll ask about that too! Gosh, you see what's starting here?!!!!! I am so bad!

I gave my Asian Agot eye surgery myself because I didn't like how they made the eyes so small. So I opened them up more. I mean, I'm asian and not all asians have small eyes, yet all the asian dolls I've encountered, they have made the eyes too small for my taste. Anywho, I took matters into my own hands and it turned out pretty good for me. I hope Asian Bitty's eyes aren't as small, from the pictures they seem to be ok, but we'll see, I might have another operation on my hands, hehe!

The doggie beds are actually doll beds that I had commissioned a local toy store owner to modify into puppy beds for me. I know, I'm so girly with everything. The puppies are only about 3.5lbs each (they're Malteses we bought and flew in from a showdog breeder in Nebraska), that's why they are so small and this is as big as they will ever get, but I don't intend to ever "show" them. They like to sit in my purse when we go for "walks".

Tell Alexia that Hannah, Cassidy and Clint will soon have a friend to visit on my site. Thanks again for your sweet comments and tell Alexia thanks too and that I really enjoy seeing her dolls in their pretty clothes too! [img]wink.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 26, 2003 03:49 AM: Message edited by: Chauster ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Chauster:
    <BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm kinda weird too when it comes to my doll's hair, I always have to keep them neat! I can't stand it when it ever gets even a little messy, so I think the hairless Bitties will be good for me to play with and hug without worrying about the hair. Like the other night when we rented a horror movie, I wanted to hug one of my dolls but didn't want to mess up her hair, I then decided that I really need a Bitty, especially for times like those! </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Chauster, I am exactly the same way! Whenever I have my AG dolls out, I always have to have a hairbrush within reach to keep their hair perfect at all times. It is definitely hard to cuddle them comfortably with this mentality! [img]confused.gif[/img] That's exactly why I love my Bitty, Lucy Bea - no hair to worry about, and she is so cuddly and soft, and she fits perfectly in your arms, no matter how you hold her. She is ideal for those scary movies! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast