Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I can't believe they're more poseable now--I think that's great! I literally have a hard time getting the doll to sit (it's jammed between two shelves--otherwise it falls over) and it definitely won't stand. Part of the arms and legs on my doll are made of material rather than vinyl. I wonder if they now stuff the torsos more, perhaps, or if the legs and arms are fully vinyl? Or it could be that over the years the stuffing in mine settled and that's why it's not the same any more.

Either way, enjoy your new baby, Chauster!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Melissa, by looking at the pictures, I would never have thought that they could stand or let alone sit on their own either. I thought they were just squishy little baby dolls that either lie down or has to lean on something. Their legs looked to curved too to stand, how refreshing to find out that they can. I can't wait for mine to get here, but now I want the brown haired/eyed one too. I'm thinking now that I should have got her as well. But at first I only wanted one so that I could just focus one doll. But they are so darn cute!! I am sooooo bad! [img]redface.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

OK, so I got my Bitty Babies and things. First off, Melissa I should have just listened to you in the first place and got just the brown haired brown eyed one because I was quite disappointed with the asian one. It doesn't even look asian! The skin is too dark, and it's not as chubby looking as the other one. It would make a very good Native American doll though. So I'm returning that one and just keeping the brown eyed and brown haired one. Second, these dolls do not stand on their own, they have to lean on something, and they don't sit on their own either, like you said Melissa, they have to be really squished into the sitting position and need to be propped on something to stay so. They are still the same doll as you have with the cloth body and non-jointed limbs, they pretty much stay in the straight position. But all in all I'm quite pleased with it and the outfits and accessories. Each outfit comes with so much extra stuff that are alot of fun! I especially like Bitty Bear's little accessories.

Thanks everyone for all your help, you can see pictures of my Bitty Baby and her outfits on my website, I also included some pics of the asian one before she got sent back.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chau~ Your babies are very cute. Makes me want to get one now. LOL I have to stop spending....

Tracy

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ March 26, 2003 07:41 AM: Message edited by: Kit_Girl ]</font>

lovingamericangirl

When I first got my new Samantha (Cordelia) I would absolutely freak if one hair was out of place! I know the feeling! That poor child has been attacked with the wig brush way too much. LOL. Glad there are more weird and obsessive people like me out there.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Chauster, thanks for verifying what I said about the dolls not being able to sit/stand. I thought I was going insane with everyone saying theirs could and mine can't! [img]wink.gif[/img] Or I thought maybe they had changed the doll so that it had more "balance." Now I wonder why some dolls can and some can't, or if it's the catalogs that give the impression that they can. [img]confused.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Chau,

I just wanted to say that I looked the pix on your site of the bitty babies, and I think your asian doll looks *much* darker skinned than my asian baby. I wonder if they changed the skin tone? I also think mine's eyes look different (smaller maybe, or a different shaped). Mine is only 2.5 years old though, so maybe yours just looks different in the photo. I think my bitty baby is very adorable and I'm sorry you didn't like yours! (I like the shape of the asian doll's head better than the other dolls' and I also like that her hair is smooth instead of textured).

Oh yeah, I also wanted to share that my bitty baby doesn't stand or sit up either. Right now I have her wedged into a sitting position in a little rocking chair. She also leans to one side (like her head is on sort of crooked from her body).

--
    Em
    (normally a lurker)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Arrow

Chau-

That is odd that your Bitty's do not stand. Are you balancing them straight with shoes on? We were just playing with our Bitty's and they are all standing. I will take a pic of them. Yours should stand just fine. Too weird. Kelly [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, I've tried all day to make her stand and it takes quite a while and alot of maneuvering. I guess I should restate, the doll will stand on it's own but takes an awful lot of effort to do so and at a bit of an awkward pose where she tilts forward a bit. They don't stand easily like the regular AG dolls since they are not jointed, and I know that they for sure can not sit on their own. But thanks Kelly for testing it out, I guess I'm a bit impatient when trying to stand it up (she topples over with a swift breeze too). Bitties are so cute though.

Em, I was surprised at how dark the asian doll was too and her eyes were a little off (they didn't look straight), oh well, I've been getting some bad dolls lately (Felicity and Kirsten had problems too).

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12