Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, I've been watching for the envelope with the coveted bobby pins, and today it came--only it had no bobby pins in it. [img]frown.gif[/img] Instead it had two blue ribbons. So I called Customer Service again. This time, she couldn't find the bobby pin replacement that the other CS person thought she saw. So all she can do is send me 2 new outfits and a return label. I'm supposed to take out what's missing and return the rest. (I don't know why they can't do that at the warehouse and save themselves some postage). But since it is on back-order (as we all know), she won't be able to do that until they all get sent out, on or around 2/14. I asked that she have them check and see if the new outfits have the bobby pins in before they leave the warehouse, so that I don't go through this all over again, and she said that she would.

I have Scotch blood in me, like the other mother that told her similar tale recently, but I got a different type of Scotch blood than she did. [img]smile.gif[/img] I have the kind of Scotch blood that says that if I paid for something, I want to get all that I paid for, that if a company shorts me it's their responsibility to make it right, that if it costs them to make it right that's only natural consequences and will maybe motivate them to improve their quality control systems, and that it wouldn't be right for me to have to order something from another company to make up for this company's mistake. [img]smile.gif[/img]

So I will keep you informed about whether I ever get my bobbby pins. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Joy

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2003 06:26 PM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by djsnjones:
    I have the kind of Scotch blood that says that if I paid for something, I want to get all that I paid for...</font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

That makes sense! I'm Scottish and Irish, but mostly I've only noticed that I can give people the dreaded "evil eye." [img]wink.gif[/img]

At first I was completely shocked that because my Molly lamp was missing a part (actually, after I got the replacement, I found it was missing *two* pieces) I was going to get a whole new lamp. They didn't even ask me to send back the one that arrived with missing parts. I was stunned and thought it was very nice of them to send me one at their own expense, and to send me the whole thing.

Then I decided, I have to look at this from the other side. Why would they only send me the missing pieces? This would make the lamp that they took replacement pieces out of useless to them, anyway, so it made more sense to just send me the whole thing. I also asked myself, why didn't they check before sending it? If they tested every lamp (and I personally think anything with batteries should be checked by the company, but maybe that's just me!), they would have seen that there was a problem. And, my last question was, why should I send it back? Packing and shipping them a broken item is useless since there's nothing they can do with it, plus it puts me out a LOT by forcing me to go to the post office, etc. After I thought this through, the way they do things made more sense to me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

In my opinion, mistakes like this should at least be reported (I was initially going to keep the non-operable lamp and not report it), because the mistakes may be common (the bobby pins issue sounds like it is!). Your reporting the mistake may help with future customers, so that they get everything they are supposed to. Plus, chances are, you will like their offer to correct the error.

Just my .02! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ January 09, 2003 06:53 PM: Message edited by: Melissa ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Try TLC Doll for bobbie pins. They have them in black and brown.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, here's the end of this story...

Today I got the 2 outfits that they promised me (back-ordered until 2/14), in order to try to get me the bobby pins. I had asked them to be sure and check the outfit before it left the warehouse, to make sure that the bobby pins were included, so that we wouldn't have to go through this again. On the printed invoice was a hand-written note saying, "Pins are not supposed to be included with this doll outfit for the hat. The outfit is gown, 2 stomachers, pantaloon, hair ribbon, pinner hat, and necklace. Enjoy!!" ( I think that what they mean by "pantaloon" is the inner part of the dress, because there is nothing new in this set, and nothing else that could pass as a pantaloon.)

So there it is, folks. This is the official word. There is officially no bobby pins that are supposed to come with this outfit--whether there used to be or not. [img]confused.gif[/img]
    I will use some from something else. Thanks for all of your help.

Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

woah what do they mean by no bobby pins suppossed to come with the cap? That's weird. Maybe they misunderstood what a bobby pin was? You can buy them elsewhere or try to cut down human sized ones with wire cutting shears.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It does seem weird to me too that they would have a cap that needs to stay on somehow, and that they would have the loops to do it with, and no pins with it. But they are very good about listing everything in the catalog that is in the outfit, and it is true that pins were never listed, so I tend to believe them.

It is also true that I have some bobby pins from Molly that I can use. I just wanted to make sure about whether these--make sure that I wasn't getting shorted on something--before I dug them out and borrowed them from another set.

Joy

BasenjiMama

Question

That is very odd. When I got Felicity's Christmas dress and cap, there were bobby pins included. That was ... umm... summer of '01.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for this information. I think I will call PC again Monday and ask about the discrepancy.

Joy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12