Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ok, I'd like to order something from Carpatina for me and the dolls for Christmas. So far I am definitely getting the Spanish Princess outfit.

For the second outfit, I have it narrowed down to...

*Kimono - I've seen this in a lot of outfits and it looks so pretty. However, my friend informed me that it's not accurate - the obi should be a different color - so I don't know if it's worth it or not.

*French Princess - I like the color and style of this dress, and the cape. However, I already am ordering a princess outfit and have one.

*Vietnamese Ao Dai - I like the fabric and color, but are you able to wear it separately as a jacket over something else? That's probably how I'd end up using it.

*Chinese Cheongsam - This dress is really pretty, but I'm sure my grandmother could make something similar, and if I wanted something with a brocade I could always get the Butterfly Brocade outfit.

If you could offer any opinions or recommendations, that would be great! Thanks!

PS: I am going to get either the Starlight or Saturday Night outfit for my sister... but she's really picky so I don't know yet.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I ordered the spanish princess dress and just LOVE it! I think it's so beautiful and I love how the under dress and the over dress are two seperate pieces. I ordered the French princess first because I love that it came with a cape, but I didn't like it at all. The fit was poor and the belt is sewn on so it can't be taken off or adjusted. The clasp for the cape kept coming undone, and there were a couple of sewing mistakes. I also thought the trim ribbon looked cheap, but I've heard several glowing reviews on it so maybe I'm the odd man out. Good luck with deciding!

Shanna

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have these from Carpatina for AGs and really like them:
    Celtic Princess (LOVE this- it's beautiful on red-haired dolls)
    German Princess (Really like this too a lot)
    Kimono (It's very pretty; I got mine on sale. But I think the ones that wulang55 on ebay puts out are more accurate and they are cheaper. They don't come with shoes, though. I found more accurate wooden sandals on another doll website and could track it down if you're interested.)
    Summer Chic (LOVE it. This is the best. The peasant blouse is so elaborately detailed and the jeans are so cute with the little laces! One of my dolls insisted on wearing it for about two months this summer, LOL).
    Black Elegance (Very pretty, nice fabric. I don't really like the purse, but it didn't matter much to me. I got mine on sale.)
    Heirloom Nightgown (Love this on my slim-bodied dolls, but I don't like it on my AGs. It is really tight and hard to get on and off.)

Hope that helps!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the French Princess outfit and love it (guess I got lucky on that one). On the other hand, the German Princess outfit is the only one in the Princess collection that I don't like. My version seems to be very cheap fabric. I found the Ah Dai difficult to get on and off because of the closures but perhaps they'll loosen up in time.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 03, 2006 08:16 AM: Message edited by: auri ]</font>