Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: A suspicious box... LOL *RELEASE DATE SET*

rolloverrover

Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SugarMagnolia:
    I think the name Harper is awesome and very fitting for a #23. Couldn't you tell your mom that Harper is a bit precocious and climbed out of the box on her own accord. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks - she is named after the author of <u>To Kill A Mockingbird</u>, Harper Lee (Harper's full name is Harper Lee Simmons).

That is also a very good idea, LOL, but I think I would be grounded and she may be jailed for good... for now she is only detained.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then maybe there's a Scout in your future, too!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by SugarMagnolia:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Kit, Kat, and Friends:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by SugarMagnolia:
    I think the name Harper is awesome and very fitting for a #23. Couldn't you tell your mom that Harper is a bit precocious and climbed out of the box on her own accord. [img]rolleyes.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Thanks - she is named after the author of <u>To Kill A Mockingbird</u>, Harper Lee (Harper's full name is Harper Lee Simmons).

That is also a very good idea, LOL, but I think I would be grounded and she may be jailed for good... for now she is only detained.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Then maybe there's a Scout in your future, too!!
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Oh, gosh, no... don't give me any ideas.
    I know just how I could make a custom Scout too. I could get the AGT with the dark brown hair, brown eyes and cut it really short, then dress her in overalls or the AGPC jeans... LOL
    Oh dear me...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL about the signs and Bean's extension. Do it now! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My girls have been having a sleepover for about a week now to celebrate the end of school for them (not for me, of course...). It's basically their excuse to stay in my room. So tonight they're all going downstairs, watching Memoirs of a Geisha, and making Free Harper signs.

Polly Marie

Harper MUST be freed!!
    Tell Mom that Harper has a whole lot of people on this board protesting her imprisonment.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Hope she is in your arms soon.
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Polly Marie:
    Harper MUST be freed!!
    Tell Mom that Harper has a whole lot of people on this board protesting her imprisonment.
    [img]wink.gif[/img]
    Hope she is in your arms soon.
    Polly Marie
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">LOL!! After this weekend I think I'm going to print out this thread, and show her the signs (they put one up yesterday, but I don't think she saw... anyway, more on that later) and tell her all about the political controversy in the doll world due to her imprisonment.

I made one sign yesterday. The Moroccan Embassy (AKA - her box) was showing a movie called MEMOIRS OF A GEISHA suspiciously near the OWT Girls' sleepover. Needless to say they got ahold of some markers and paper... then heard the garage open, at which the embassy somehow moved into the dining room. So they only got to make one sign... but my parents have another fancy dinner-thing tonight, lol.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just wanted to add that the girls started a Free Harper Simmons Society on their message boards. Samantha's already tried petitioning the embassy once...
    They are planning a protest next week, lol.

Inactive Member american_girl_forever's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Which topic is it in? I will fully suppourt the cause! Lol.

I know what it's like. Sorta.

I want my Nellie! It's been almost a week since I ordered her, but she's still not here! I want Nellie! [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

FREE HARPER!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Man, I would be dying! I love the sign idea--even though I'm a mom myself, I think it would be hilarious if my own daughter did something like that! 23 is gorgeous, good choice and I do love her hair! I just looked at her in the catalog and Harper will fit her perfectly! On the off chance the Free Harper campaign doesn't work (but it must!), when are you legally allowed to open her er I mean, set her free?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

On the message boards, the Free Harper Simmons Society is under the Sweet Sheila Girls board (under Clubs heading) but I think you have to join to view it. I will try to see if I can move it to somewhere where you can post/view it if you're not a member... it was a ploy to get us to login and actually post, not just read the topics LOL.
    Well my mom has said that I can *maybe* open her before Italy (4 July -14 July) but now she says once we get the Gold Award stuff out of the house. Which if it works out with my advisor, would be the 13th!!!!!! YAY! But I can't wait that long!
    Also I found my To Kill A Mockingbird book and put it on top of Harper's box in support. Poor Kit spent all night last night trying to rip the tape (so that's who I heard get up at 1:30) but now she is traumatized because Tari has 3 Kit dolls in her avatar and we only have 2. (THE HORROR!)
    Edit: The reason I can't open her yet is because I just got a car, and my dad "doesn't want to see another doll in the house" according to my mom. I was going to buy Harper with my own money, but my grandmother ordered her and told me just to keep the money, so now she is trying to convince my mom that Harper is my "end-of-the-year"/driving present (she also bought my sister and brother something to keep with that theme).

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 05, 2006 09:16 PM: Message edited by: Kit, Kat, and Friends ]</font>

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast