Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

I just wanted to share some nice things with you all.

First, my DH has just ordered a new memory chip thing for our digital camera that is huge! He says that it will be able to hold up to 2000 pictures now, whereas our current capacity is only about 60. I'm really excited because that means lots more albums and fun events with the dolls! I just thought it was really sweet of him to upgrade our camera for me.

Second, DD & I are going to visit my Dad in Cincinnati, OH next weekend and while we are there we are going to the Day Out With Thomas event at a place called the Lebanon Rail Road. I think this is going to be so fun for DD and my Dad to share.

I've already decided that Kit is definitely coming with us and perhaps Holly too. There will hopefully be many pictures taken for a new album! We are also going to the Cincinnati Zoo so it should be a fun weekend for everyone.

If anyone has any other fun Cincinnati area ideas for us, please share!

Thanks for reading!

Katie

PS: Kit may have a few new outfits in honor of her trip! Thank goodness for the coupon!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Awesome news. I hope you guys have a blast, and now you have no excuse for no pictures. [img]wink.gif[/img] It will be nice to see Kit in Cincinnati.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What fun! Have a wonderful trip. [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] Have you & your DD read Kit's Mystery at the Zoo? It takes place at the Cincinnati Zoo. The monkey house in the story is still used today as the reptile house. You have to get a picture of Kit outside the monkey (reptile) house. That would be really cute [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] .

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We go to the Day out with Thomas EVERY year here in Michigan at Greenfield Village in April. It is a yearly tradition. This past year we took our DS out of school and did a few educational opportunities and it was well worth it! I hope to do it again. My DS is 8 and my twin DD are 3 and they love riding the train! My son kinda protests saying he is too old, but you can see on his face how much he enjoys it. That and the huge gift shop they have it my fave parts although they have so much to do! We started going about 5-6 years ago to see Thomas. My twin DD and I collect the AG dolls and items and my DS collected the trains. I still add to his collection since my daughters love playing trains. We have most of the collectors pieces that have retired. It's pretty much the only toy of his that I plan on passing along to his kids. Enjoy your trip! It will be fun. I have never been to the zoo in Ohio except for the Cleveland zoo which is my fave second to the San Diego Zoo and Wild Animal Park and of course the Animal Kingdom. Enjoy!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The railroad trip is a lot of fun. They have a putt putt golf course, but I don't think the Thomas stops at it. The Cincinnati Zoo will be lots of fun, get her the book and read it first. Near Cincy is King's Island if you like Amusement Parks. A Red's game maybe, since Kit is going.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Congrats on the new memory card for your camera. Can't wait to see all your pictures of your Cincinnati weekend.

We did the Day Out with Thomas at Tweetsie Railroad in Boone, NC when DS was younger and obsessed with Thomas. It was a lot of fun! What a perfect adventure for Kit!

Have a wonderful trip! [img]graemlins/rainbow.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Please tell me you already have Kit's Reds Fan Baseball outfit???..........if you don't then you HAVE to get it for your trip to Cincinnati! That is one of my all time favorite outfits!

Have fun! Can't wait to see all your great pictures! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

thepidget

I hope you and Kit have a great trip to Ohio! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Have fun with Kit in Cincinnatti!! I think I have been to the Day with Thomas as well through the Cuyahoga Valley Scenic Railroad. forums

Congrats on the memory chip too - I don't know what I'd do without mine!! It only holds about 1000 WITH the chip and I was so worried I'd run out in Italy, lol.

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the advice on Kit's mystery book! I'll have to see if I can get it before we go since I've not read it. Also, I will try to get a picture of Kit at the Monkey House; that would be a fun one to post in my signature if it turns out ok.

I'm planning on ordering Kit's Reds Fan outfit today or tomorrow because I agree that Kit just can't go to her hometown without her Reds Fan outfit! Now, this is rather hard for me to order because my DH & I are die-hard Cards fans. I may have to pretend that "C" stands for Cardinals every once in awhile. At least both teams have the same colors!

I'm so glad to know there are fellow Thomas fans here and that the Day Out is fun. I'm hoping for nice weather because it would be a shame if it rains. Our DD loves Thomas & friends. She plays with it for hours on end and I believe that watching the show on PBS really sparked her imaginative play skills so much this year. Thomas dominates our living room right now, but the fun DD gets out of it is well worth losing that space for now.

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast