Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Last Thursday we had a holiday (Ascension Day) and my mum and I decided to visit Schlo? Hof where they had a garden festival over the long weekend.

Schlo? Hof was built by Prince Eugene of Savoy, who was an important army commander and statesman in Austrian monarchy and also patron of the arts.

We were lucky that the weather was so nice on Thursday and enjoyed a lovely day there. Although there were hundreds of people, you didn't feel it to be over growded as the grounds are very spacious. The only draw-back were the cafe and restaurant. They just didn't have enough staff for an event like that. We waited an hour for our lunch, and we only had ordered Sacher W?rstel (kind of a wiener sausage).

First we visited the Imperial apartments in the palace and then walked the grounds and finally enjoyed the stalls and found some lovely plants for our garden. My mum bought me a lovely statue of a fairy, which is now standing in our herbaceous border.

Here is an album with some pictures of the day.

rolloverrover

I loved looking through this album, Brigitte! The scenery is so beautiful. It looks like a fantastic place to visit if one gets to Austria.

Fantastic pictures!! [img]graemlins/camera.gif[/img] Thanks for sharing those!

prasnlrd

Sorry I am just now getting to this Miki, but it was gorgeous. Europe is so beautiful, lush, and green! It has such a beautiful preserved history too!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I really enjoyed looking at your pictures, Brigitte. Thank you so much for sharing them. What a beautiful day it looks to have been. Did you take the carriage ride?