Thread: For all crafty folks--Headbands for dolls?

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Since Nellie wore the Grecian Princess outfit for Halloween, I have decided that I really like the headband look for the AG's. But AG doesn't sell to many of them...

So, has anyone ever crafted a headband for their 18in doll? What materials did you use and how difficult was it to obtain & create the final product? I've made lots of headbands for myself, including my wedding veil, so I think if I get the materials I can make them myself. Any links or advice for what to use as a base?

TIA!

Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I went crazy about a year ago, trying to find headbands in doll sizes. I finally found a supplier for the doll sized, plastic headbands that are covered in a faux leather like vinyl.
    I have these in 4 colors, and I've added flowers and bows, and trim to some of these.
    Let me see if I have a picture in my file, and I'll post it if possible.
    They only come in 4 colors....white, red, lavender, and pink.
    Check out some of Prasnlrd's albums, her dolls are wearing my headbands.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0610010032.jpg
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...0609220001.jpg

These are $2.50 for one, or $8.00 for a set of 4, and that includes postage.
    I'm going to be gone all day, so if you have any questions, I can answer them early this evening.

pleasantmonkey210

You know something you could do is tie a piece of cloth in their hair [img]biggrin.gif[/img] That would be cute!

joelanddeborah

Yes! I love headbands! I have the same vinyl ones AG Seamstress has, probably. They are just perfect for the dolls.

[img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I made an Alice in Wonderland headband by sewing a small piece of elastic to the ends of a heavy black ribbon. The elastic goes under the doll's hair in back. Takes about two minutes to make. It doesn't have the thick headband look of the plastic ones, but it's easy. (just measure the ribbon around the doll's head so you get the right length)