Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Kirsten's Work Dress

BasenjiMama

I'm not sure I'm satisfied with this. At first, I tried it on Jane, a Gotz Little Sister doll, and it didn't fit her right - too tight in the body and too short and tight in the arms. I figured it was just slight differences in the Little Sisters vs AG doll bodies.

So I tried it on Felicity and had essentially the same problem. It fits her a little better, but it's REALLY tight in the chest and arms. The sleeves are so tight I can barely fasten them at the wrist. And the velcro barely meets in the back. And the gathers at the neck and waist seem off-center to me.

Send it back and hope for a better one in exchange? Exchange it for something different? It's cute, but I'm not thrilled with it like I am with Josefina's new dress.

Opinions? Input? Commiseration?

<font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ April 12, 2003 11:00 PM: Message edited by: *Jane* ]</font>

lovingamericangirl

Hmm...maybe that's why they might be getting rid of it. i personally would send it back & complain. I like to complain (LOL). If it was a Felicity thing, I'd be steaming mad.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jane,
    Do you think maybe you just got a bad one? I know that lately I've been getting some bad things from PC, like my Kirsten and Felicity dolls, and Felicity's bed. I would request them to send you another one in exchange and then if it still doesn't fit right, I'd just return it. They should be able to send you a return label so that you are not out the shipping either. Hope it works out.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I doubt you'd get a looser one if you returned it. I have always thought that the sleeves looked tight from the catalog picture. Also, I have several AG outfits myself where the velcro at the wrists is tight and doesn't fully overlap. I also have an outfit or two where you have to put the doll into outrageous contortions just to get both arms in the sleeves because it is nearly impossible to get the second sleeve on once the first one is on. I think that's the way AG outfits generally are. [img]confused.gif[/img]

BasenjiMama

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><table border="0" width="90%" bgcolor="#333333" cellspacing="1" cellpadding="0"><tr><td width="100%"><table border="0" width="100%" cellspacing="0" cellpadding="2" bgcolor="#FF9900"><tr><td width="100%" bgcolor="#DDDDDD"><font size=2 face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by Ann Kirstin:
    I doubt you'd get a looser one if you returned it. I have always thought that the sleeves looked tight from the catalog picture. </font></td></tr></table></td></tr></table></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes, the fabric in the sleeves is cut on the bias - they're really form-fitting.

I'm going to give it a couple of days and see how I feel about it. I am really wanting Josefina's Heirloom accessories, so I may just exchange it. I wish I could get her shoes and socks!

lovingamericangirl

Jane, have you thought maybe Lissie gained a little weight? Maybe all those queen cakes have gone to her hips. LOL. Just a bit of humor [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

i have that dress for kirsten, but it's from the pre-mattell ages. mine fits fine. if you like the dress i would try sending it back in exchange for another.

meg

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jane, I have Josefina's Christmas dress, which seems to have a similar sleeve toward the bottom. The other day when I removed the dress, I stopped to wonder why there wasn't any Velcro on the "cuffs" (there aren't cuffs of course, but I don't know how else to explain [img]wink.gif[/img] ). It was hard to get over the doll hands.

I like Josefina's sleeves since they're different than what most of the dolls have (full sleeves), though. But with Kirsten's dress being too short in the arms, it sounds like it is made wrong, since the sleeves look really long in the photo.

Sorry for going off on a tangent with Josefina--I just thought it might help to know there's another dress where the sleeves seem too tight. [img]smile.gif[/img] Did the version of Josefina's dress you made for Jane fit too tightly as well?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you could send it back and buy this one? It's a reproduction of Kirsten's work dress. I think it's $9.99.

http://www.americandollclothes.com/p...eer_period.htm

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Jane, I definitely wouldn't keep the dress if you are not happy with it. For one thing, you shoudn't have to pay for something that is defective in any way. For another thing, returning it encourages PC to practice better quality control! If it doesn't seem right, you could try returning it for another of the same dress - PC will pay for the shipping, so it doesn't cost you anything. If it fits better, but you still aren't crazy about the dress, you still have the option of exchanging it for something else (you'd have to pay the postage for that one, of course).

Let us know what you decide!
    Judy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast