Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Tell me if I'm overeacting....

I spotted a Samantha w/accessories and emailed the seller to see if it was available, etc. and she responds with a 'yes, it is still available, but I've had a lot of offers, so I am raising the price'. I thought this was in very poor taste. My feelings are, once you've put it out there, you should follow through-not ask for more!
    I've bought and sold many items on craigslist and have never encountered someone raising the price. Has anyone else?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

DH and I have done quite a bit, both buying and selling on Craigslist. For the most part, it seems people are very fair both ways. I have seen your problem though, especially on items in demand. I agree while the owner has the right to do what ever they want, it really is in poor taste to do what this seller is doing. There was a set of AG stuff here recently that someone was trying to do that with and they sent an e-mail to around 15 people who had contacted them that they were now taking offers. I wrote them back and said I was not interested since they were not honoring their listing. I also told them that while their stuff was nice, it was not rare, so they probably weren't going to get much more than what they wanted in the first place. I guess quite a few people were turned off by their e-mail because too because the listing sat for a week and then disappeared. I don't know if it sold or not. Listings in our area only stay on for a week, and then they are removed. Since Criagslist is realitively new, with no real setrules, I think people are still trying to figure things out. From our experience, Criagslist has been very positive for the most part, so keep looking! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Shelly

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is the one downfall about Craigslist. There is no "contract" like there is on Ebay. It's like a game of chance. I had set up an appointment to pick up a scenes and settings for $25. At the last minute they emailed me and cancelled. Saying she had done her research and was underselling herself. On the other hand, I have picked up two great deals off Craigslist because they just wanted the stuff out and didn't care what the real value was! So, yes you have a right to be upset, but don't worry, a better deal will come your way!