Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Am I the only one who dislikes that Felicity's Meet dress has been replaced with the purple one? I recently re-discovered AG because I happened to get the latest catalogue in the mail (I haven't received one in years!) When I saw the Emily doll, I asked my mom for her for Christmas. I'm 21 and I haven't touched my old Kirsten doll in ages. I looked through the catalogue, thinking about which other doll I may buy someday, and noticed Felcity's dress had changed. I'm heartbroken! I have red hair and Felcity was the doll I always considered buying when I was younger. Her meet dress was my favorite dress. Now I doubt I'll buy her because of the change. The purple dress does not look authentic to me, like the old one did. I suppose this is due to Mattel. I also think Elizabeth's dress does not look authentic. Am I the only one who feels this way?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't like how Felicity's Meet Dress was changed either. Felicity's old meet dress is available as a seperate outfit, I think you would be able to buy Felicity, send back her current meet outfit, and get the old meet outfit.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I could really do that?! Maybe I will buy Felicity then. Has anyone else ever done that? I thought you were just stuck with what she came in and you had to buy the other dress in addition.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, you can do that. It's available as a seperate outfit here. It's even on monthly special for 17 dollars!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

When I got my Felicity last year this change is what saddenend me the most .I also wish that her coral necklace was still avalible. I think I am getting the rose garden dress for Christmas and I wish they still made it as a set, oh well I guess I have to go to the craft store and look for coral beads. Have a nice day everyone [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently got Felicity and I purchased her old meet dress at the same time.

I don't really like her new meet dress either. It looks alright but the fabric has kind of a strange feel to it, really slick and kind of plasticky.

And in the newer copies of her book the changed the illustrations so she's wearing her new dress.
    Everything else in the pictures the same, her dress is just different. Since I'm used to the old illustrations it looks a little odd.