Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in honor of the 20th anniversary?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Personally, I would love to see:

- re-introduction of retired items (even for a limited time only)

- Scenes and settings for everyone

- books for each historical girl detailing her life 20 years after her series ends (or, a compilation of that in short stories)

- a gala party dress of really nice quality for each girl's time period in honor of the occasion (maybe could make a certain number of each to make more special)

- giveaway of dolls collections to twenty orphanages or children's hospitals (they could have a few dolls, maybe a tea party set, a collection of books, etc.)

- gigantic wish books with EVERYONE included (esp. Felicity) and lots of accessories and set-ups, plus stories from real girls reflecting on a few items they remember best

- American Girl Revue on DVD, with guest appearances by Samantha and Felicity and Molly casts, Pleasant Rowland, etc.

Ashley1972

American Girl does give dolls away to other charities besides the MCM Sale. I believe United Way is one of them. I'd like to see retro outfits for the JLY dolls.

Felicity_Fan85

I would like to see a special edition wishbook/catalog-type book of the catalog from 1986 and from 1996 together with evertything they had then- or the wishbook idea you had with everyone- I just want to see PM pictures in there from the 80's and 90's!

Also the reintroduction of some items such as retired Felicity and Josefina school sets

and the AG Revue on dvd sounds cool.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Your ideas are all great! I especially like the idea of bringing back retired items, if only for a limited time.

I'd also like to see a comprehensive history/catalog of American Girl showing everything ever made.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Fun topic!

~I want to see "future" books/stories, too. Maybe not 20 years later, though. Stories about them at 30 would be boring to most children (and to me, lol!). I think, maybe, at age 15 would be better. We could easily get a great glimpse of their future selves 5 years after the original story ended. Also, just more emphasis on the books in general. "20 years ago, it all started with 3 girls and their stories," or something.

~Along those lines, I'd like to see them selling prints of some of the book illustrations. And maybe have a book of just all the illustrations, including the original and newer versions, for those that have them.

~Something for every historical girl would be awesome. And something of equal "worth" and "importance." And perhaps a little extra something for Samantha, Kirsten, and Molly.

~Reintroduction of retired items. At least one per girl.

~A new historical would be great. But I think I'd prefer her to come out next year.

~At least one outfit for the today girls that commemorates the 20th. Even if it's as lame as the 10th Ann. shirt. I'd prefer an 80's outfit, but that seems unlikely.

~Scenes and and Settings would be nice. Or something similar. I'd like to see something that would be easier for them to ship, like big reusable stickers that are the same size as the S&S, but can be rolled up for easier shipping (which I think was one of the main reasons they didn't work so well before). They could be stuck on walls, or even on cardboard once they were home.

~Some type of DVD. I'd love to see AG show they actually care about the 20th by trying to get Pleasant involved. I'm not sure if she would do it, but it would be such a nice sentiment on both parts. Everyone showing how much they care about AG as a company, and it's fans.

I wish they had requested fan input on this. Even just a little survey would be great, but it would have been amazing if they had asked us to write letters with ideas for 20th Anniversary, and what we'd like to see.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I love the giant stickers idea! I have Kirsten's scenes and settings, and it can be quite unwieldy.

I think that it would be awesome to have a package deal with a book about a girl somewhere down the line, and then a gala dress for her. Molly's could look like old Hollywood, Samantha's could be a Victorian concoction of velvet and lace and feathers, Felicity's could be a huge gown with a headpiece and fan, Addy's could be some phenomenal dress her mom would have made for her (maybe her wedding dress type thing). I know I'd pay extra for something exceptionally beautiful and well-made, to put away for Faith.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just wanted to say that I think the books about the girls 20 years down the line is a GREAT idea. IMO it would be really interesting for girls to see the different professions and what women could be or do throughout history, and they could really learn a lot.

I also really like the idea about the party dresses for them, 20 years or whenever down the line. That would be really cool to see wedding or party dresses they might wear at 30!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 14, 2006 05:23 AM: Message edited by: djsnjones ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[img]biggrin.gif[/img] How about a 20% off code? Or bringing the price back from the first catalog for the day/month [img]biggrin.gif[/img] of the anniv. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I definitely want to see *something* for the 20th but the 25th will be a much bigger deal and it's only five years off.

I'd love to see fancy anniversary gowns-- maybe for the 25th we could get short stories that involve a 25th anniversary for each doll-- parent's wedding, aunt or uncle's wedding, sibling's 25th birthday/wedding, place a parent works 25th anniversary.... they could get creative but it would allow them to tie the anniverasry into a story for each girl.

I'd like to see a special anniversary edition of Kirsten, Molly and Samantha-- white body, old style eye lashes (if possible) etc. Each could come in a special 25th anniv. box with a certificate and include the anniversary gown.

LE copies of the first catalog.

25th anniversary LE doll named Pleasant-- a girl of the 80s. (she'd come with her own doll sized copy of the original catalog and doll sized copies of the Meet books for the first three dolls)

But for this year, I would like to see at least a t-shirt, preferably a t-shirt and a LE outfit of some sort (80s or dressy). I figure since they did a tee for the 10th they could keep that up as a tradition-- though from here on in it would be one every 5 years.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I read what I said over, and I just wanted to clarify that I don't think 30 year olds are boring. I read what I wrote over, and it seemed like that's what I was saying.

I just think 30 seems so ...Final, I guess. It's like an epilogue of this IS what happened. Lissie would be married, and probably have like 3 kids. It just seems to take away the air of imagination, by not leaving it more open-ended. At 15, Lissie would be of courting age, but probably not married. To me, that just sounds so much more interesting, and the idea of more open-ended play is just so much better.

Not sure how true it is for all children, but as a child, I wouldn't have wanted to know what DEFINITLY happened by the time they were 30, I wanted to make up what they were like at 30.

Sorry, I'm not trying to argue. I just wanted to clarify what I was saying originally [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast