Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: What would you like to see in honor of the 20th anniversary?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would like to see some clothes with the AG logo that will fit adults, since adults are being profiled on the home page. T-shirts, sweatshirts/hoodies, jackets, jewelry, etc. They could stay "STILL an American Girl!".

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I definitely want to read about the girls as teenagers and what life would be like for them.

The Felicity event at Williamsburg HAS to come back...it HAS to. And the other events at the various places should come back, too.

A reproduction of the first catalogue WOULD be nice. And maybe other special catalogues along the years....Felicity's arrival, Addy's arrival, etc.

Reproductions of those special catalogues that only showed one doll and her entire collection.

New historical...some time.

DVD of the Revue and Circle of Friends would be awesome...especially for those who haven't seen Circle of Friends, like me.

Re-issue of things like the Scenes and Settings and the LE outfits like Felicity's Town Fair. I can't afford huge eBay prices!

Mini dolls of the LEs...Lindsey, Kailey, Marisol, Jess, etc

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by cami713:
    I just think 30 seems so ...Final, I guess.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I know you don't mean it this way, and I'm taking the above out of context. But as someone who will never see age 30 or its close relatives again, I got a big kick out of the quoted comment. [img]wink.gif[/img]

In all seriousness, I agree with your other comments. I'd add that the books are to me a grand starting-off place for young imaginations to soar. I'd rather not put an adult perspective of any age on the historical dolls. Let readers imagine what happens to them.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 08, 2006 01:17 AM: Message edited by: EleanorofAquitane ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The problem is that Kaya may not have made it to 30 and Felicity would be considered "old".

I'm really just interested in outfits, and lots of them, but if they want to put out a commemerative sort of book (like Cami's illustration idea), I'd be for it. I'd certianly buy it.

Either way, I want stuff and lots of it.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love to see Limited Ed outfits and acc. come out for each of the historical dolls, like Pleasant Company did back in 1997. Of course the tags would read something like
    this..........
    Made in China especially for American Girl "LIMITED EDITION 2006"

Possibly do the theme up with sport clothes except change it to where Felicity has a swimsuit of her time and Sam gets a Tennis outfit, etc. or give them all a special Seasonal outfit.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 08, 2006 02:48 AM: Message edited by: lilindygal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I would love to see more books added to the current historical series. Full books, not mysteries or short stories!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by shuffar:
    My 20th anniversary dreams:

-"American Girl, A History: 1986-2006": a coffee table style book of everything that AG has offered, but with no prices (because little girls might think its a giant catalog and there could be lots of complaints about not being able to purchase). Chronological and with company/character history.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">That's EXACTLY what I want. I also want the book to include:

-comparison pictures and descriptions of the differences in re-releases of outfits/accessories

-inspirational pictures of outfits from Wisconsin Historical Society beside the actualy doll outfits produced.

-2 page pictures of the dolls in their meet outfits like in the early Pleasant Co. cataloges.

-set ups of dolls with accessory sets similar to early PC cataloges (nice sized pictures)

-tribute to Pleasant Rowland for making this company a HUGE success

I would also like to see...
    -new historical (Asian)!!
    -LE 80's outfit
    -AG Review on DVD (as raindrops suggested)
    -the new short stories for Kaya, Kit, and Felicity released as the original small books (to make my collection of short stories complete!)

I am open to anything. I just want this anniversary to be acknowledged!

Felicity_Fan85

I like the coffee-table type book idea. I basically want to see old catalog pictures and descriptions, since I don't have any PC ones left.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 20th anniversary dreams:

-"American Girl, A History: 1986-2006": a coffee table style book of everything that AG has offered, but with no prices (because little girls might think its a giant catalog and there could be lots of complaints about not being able to purchase). Chronological and with company/character history.

-I love the ball gown idea! Something really special for each girl. LE, like in 1997.

-New substantial releases for all the girls (full story, outfit and accessories)

-New historical girl!

*AG Star*

I would LOVE to have books of all the historicals twenty years later, or maybe sooner than that. I've always thought that if they had books about the historical girls in their teens, then AG would have a bigger audience than just 8-12.
    I'd also love for some of the retired outfits and accessories to be reissued, and in better quality too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast