Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: What would you like to see in honor of the 20th anniversary?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What great suggestions on this thread!!

Scenes and Settings books ---> YES. I don't know why these were ever retired.

Raindrops, I love your idea of gala outfits for each of the dolls. Even Kirsten could have a Best Party dress, in a plain but pretty print with layers of ruffles. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

A Collectors Notebook would be the ultimate anniversary offering, complete with photos and descriptions of every doll item AG ever made. In the back of the notebook could be a checklist so you can check off the items you have and write in the date you got it and price you paid. I think American Girl should get Curt to write the book. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

An 80's doll would be perfect to celebrate a 20 Year Anniversary. Somewhere in that vast company is a big file of letters girls of the 80's wrote that contained details of the perfect 80's doll. The blurb in that old catalog had said something like "Tell us what you think a girl of the 80's would be like. What does she wear? What hard times does she go through? What is her favorite pasttime?" My daughter sent the company a letter that answered their list of questions. It would be wonderful it AG actually used those letters from the 80's girls to produce a doll.

Julia

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Love love love the idea of re-releasing retired items. Heck Precious Moments did it, why not AG? One of the items I would like most would be Molly's Victory Garden dress. And I would hope if they did re-release retired outfits, that they wouldn't be changed in how they were made the first time around. The label inside could indicate it was a reissue though.

Someone mentioned reprinting or doing something with the first catalog. How about snippets of old catalogs, like their cover pics inside the new catalogs and maybe pictures on each page of some of the previous outfits, like "20 years ago, the most popular outfit was..."

Love all you guys' ideas, too many to comment on individually but I like 'em all! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 08, 2006 02:30 PM: Message edited by: Tari ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Humble ambition: I liked the white 10th anniversary tshirts! So I would love to have a doll's 20th anniversary tshirt, maybe in navy or burgundy, with stars like the first one. It would be fun to have a hat to go with the tshirt, too.

I, too, am hoping for a comprehensive Dream Catalog for this Christmas like the one they did last year. Even if you had to order it, it would be nice to have everything that's current shown in nice big pictures and it would be great if every customer could have one, not just a random sample.

A Limited Edition outfit for each Historical would be nice, too. It doesn't have to be a gala outfit. Kaya wouldn't have a gala unless they used a modern powwow theme for her and I haven't been impressed with the ones they've come out with so far.

How about a 60's Historical Girl? Sadly (since I graduated from college in that decade) I don't know what a little girl would have been up to in 1964 but I would love to have a TRUE new historical, not somebody's friend. Maybe with a new face mold. I'm guessing it's too late to wish for that, though, since they're releasing Emily this year.

But AG, if you're reading this, I really would be happy with an anniversary doll tshirt!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh! It was getting kinda late last night when I posted, but I love the idea of a collection of the illustrations!

What a lovely art book that would be.

Janie3082

Everyone has such great ideas! I love the idea of an AG coffee table book, and the LE outfits. I also think it would be cute if they did make mini dolls of the LE girls.

Some of you were saying that 25 would be bigger than 20, and since it is only 5 years away, I bet AG will do more for it than they do now. I just hope they do something more for this year than just the women on the website talking about their love for AG (although that is really neat).

I love the idea of re-issuing retired items. They should do at least one item for every historical (it they did them all I still wouldn't be able to afford it! [img]tongue.gif[/img] ) and maybe a couple of old favorites from the Today line. It would be cool if they set up online polls to see what we wanted and took it from there.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123