Thread: Is Sharpie permanent? Nail Polish?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sometimes you can get sharpie out of fabric (depends on the fabric and, I think, whether the moons align in your favor). Take some cheap aerosal (hope I spelled that right) hair spray and a toothbrush. You do not want to get the dress wet with hair spray. You want to spray the tiniest amount possible to just barely dampen the spot a little. Then scrub like crazy with the tooth brush. Another light misting with hair spray and more scrubbing-- repeat until you (a) choke on the hair spray (b) your arms swell from all the scrubbing or (c) the stain is gone.

This often works on stains that have gone through the dryer, too.

Good luck! Let us know how it goes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I recently found a few dolls at a yard sale, one had nail polish on the fingers and toes.. I was not careful when removing it. I used a toothbrush and non acetone nail polish remover dipped the toothbrush in and scrubbed took about 5 minutes and it was gone!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Samantha's dress got a Sharpie mark on it by mistake, is there any way to remove this? Also what about nail polish on the dolls nails? (DD painted Sam's nails when she was younger).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can use a non-acetone polish remover on Samantha's nails, but DO NOT use a normal polish remover!!!

It took a lot of patience and about 30 minutes of my time, but I managed to get some nasty glitter polish off of my doll's nails.
    I used the non-acetone nail polish remover. It is slow going, but it is supposed to be safe. Normal nail polish remover would work faster, but it would probably take some of your doll with it.

Note: After spending so much time with the remover, my finger tips were dry and peeling. If I had to do it again, I would wear gloves. I also reccomend that you just do a couple nails or at most one hand at a time and then rinse, wash, and rinse real good again so as not to leave any of the remover on your doll.

Good Luck!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 01, 2006 12:21 AM: Message edited by: MaryCarly ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Alcohol is a solvent for Sharpie pens. You may want to try using it to remove the stain. I would apply a small amount and then blot because it will cause it to spread. But after several trys and a little scrubbing it should come out.