Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have one of those too! My grandparents married in 1944, when they were both 20 and were married 61 years when my grandfather passed away last year.

eded3d3d

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is a very nice picture of your grandparents. My grandma wore her graduation gown and just added a vail for her wedding dress during that era. She also made doll clothes for my mom's doll when my mom was a child. I have always wanted to post pictures of the clothes she made. They are all Molly era cloths. They all matched my mom's clothes because she used left over fabric from my mom's dresses. Unfortunatly I still do not know how to post pictures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad you enjoyed them! Yes, Katie, that is me in my avator. I definately take the resemblence as a compliment as I always thought my grandmother looked like a movie star in the photos from the 40s.

QNPoohBear- Yes, I saw your pic in your imagestation album! That was what inspired me to post mine. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'd share more but all our old family photos are at my parents' house.

Well, wait, I have a few more previously scanned photos, although not from the 40s.

My dad and my aunt at Disneyland circa 1955-
    http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/4...108AZsmbNo5ZMy

My mom, circa 1965

Mom in college, late 60s

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

cool photos Angie! I love old family photos. My grandmother (the one in the picture) put together an album of her mother's family photos from the late 19th century. I will have to add more pictures to my album.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Wonderful pictures, everyone! I'm afraid I'm not a big Molly fan, but I love old pictures. The wedding ones are both beautiful, and I love the vintage Disneyland pic!

Felicity_Fan85

Great pictures, thanks for sharing!

My mom has postcards from when my grandpa was in WW2- blanking on what branch he was in though I think it was the army or navy (I'll ask my mom tomorrow).

thepidget

Originally posted by QNPoohBear:
    I have one of those too! My grandparents married in 1944, when they were both 20 and were married 61 years when my grandfather passed away last year.

eded3d3d
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">QNPoohBear, I didn't see your reply to this post until now. That is a really sweet wedding pic of your grandparents. The sweet smiles on their faces say everything, and even though that photo was taken long ago, you can still feel their happiness. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12