Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Did anyone else notice this about the Molly movie preview???

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    In the books, Molly can't go to the performance because she is sick in bed, and while she's laying there feeling sad, her father comes home from the war, which is the end of the book and the series.

If you watch closely, the very end of the promo shows Molly in her Miss Victory costume running onstage into the arms of her dad! [img]mad.gif[/img] Why would they change it form the book so much?? I loved the original ending, it actually made me cry when I read it. I do understand that it's not the most dramatic ending for a movie, but it certainly is a poignant one!

Polly Marie

From what I've read here on the board, the movie differs in several aspects from the book.
    I haven't read the book, so I won't be dissappointed but I know a lot of Molly fans would prefer the book version.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I hate it when people make big changes like that! [img]mad.gif[/img] I loved the original ending..

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess i'm in the minority here but I HATED the original ending in the books! It drove me crazy! I like the ending for the movie better, if indeed it does end this way. (Sorry for being so critical, just felt like rambeling)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Heck, they had to change it so Emily is in the show.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I don't know; I don't think the old ending would be very cinematic (or made-for-TV-cinematic), but I did like the message about vanity and beauty coming at a terrible price. [img]wink.gif[/img]

We already knew they were making a lot of changes, such as Emily even being IN the musical. I hope the movie turns out well! I actually liked Samantha's movie better than her books in many ways (and I read the books a couple months before I saw the movie, so they were fairly fresh in my mind). I haven't seen Felicity's so I don't know about her. But I hope they find a way to satisfy Molly fans!

(I guess there's an outside chance that the reunion at the show was a dream or what Molly imagines happening? [img]smile.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the poster I thought she was just at the dress rehersal. [img]graemlins/thumbs_down.gif[/img]

I really liked the origanal ending, it made it more realistic. Nobody gets everything they want in life!

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ November 14, 2006 04:03 PM: Message edited by: chichiag ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 14, 2006 05:04 PM: Message edited by: judiaci ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MollyGirl:
    Heck, they had to change it so Emily is in the show.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yeah!
    [img]mad.gif[/img]

Sorry for double posting [img]redface.gif[/img] I didn't know how to put a qute in if I edited it

thepidget

Originally posted by DaisyDee:
    If you watch closely, the very end of the promo shows Molly in her Miss Victory costume running onstage into the arms of her dad! [img]mad.gif[/img] Why would they change it form the book so much?? I loved the original ending, it actually made me cry when I read it. I do understand that it's not the most dramatic ending for a movie, but it certainly is a poignant one!
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yup, ditto... [img]confused.gif[/img] I kind of wish AG would have stayed closer to the original storyline for Molly's movie. But I'm still going to watch the film anyway... [img]tongue.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In the teaser, there are a lot of parts that differ from the books. I, too, liked the original ending and I also do not like the idea of a spelling bee. I always liked that Molly was bad at math like me and she helped me learn 8X7 when I was in the third grade! (I still remember the answer thanks to Molly).

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast