Thread: Dolls coming alive...

T. Lynn

I'm not sure how many of you remember but I posted awhile back about having some fun with my daughter. While she is sleeping or throughout the day, I move the girls around when she's not watching. When she notices them, she always asks me if I did it.

On one hand she comments on how they come alive when we're not looking but on the other, thinks that I am doing it. Sometimes she even asks the dolls what they are doing and gives them a time out if their in something they shouldn't be.

Well, the other day she tells me that a little girl brought in an AG girl for show and tell. She apparently asked her if her dolls come alive. I spit my soda out when my daughter told me this. I didn't know whether to laugh or smack myself!

Polly Marie

I guess the AG dolls at your house are different than dolls that live at other places.
    lol [img]biggrin.gif[/img]
    [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

What a great idea. I think our dolls are going to start coming alive soon. Hehe. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

T.Lynn,

LOL! You are so creative. Plus, I love it that your DD has given the dolls a time out for naughtiness! Hehehe!

I'll have to suggest dollie hide-n-seek to my DD. She loves to hide her little zoo animals all over the house but the trouble with this is that she often forgets where she's hid them so we've never found a few of them. The dolls though are much bigger and would be very hard to "lose."

Thanks for the great idea!

Katie

emsmombuysdolls

How much fun!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think it's terrific that she even considers that they might be coming alive while she is sleeping! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

How FUNNY! I would love to see some of the mischief her dolls get into. [img]wink.gif[/img]

T. Lynn

I should have taken pictures. These are just some of the things I did with the girls either while she wasn't looking or sleeping:

* One day they were on the kitchen table with glow sticks in their hands. They even used her bathroom stool to get up onto the chair.
    * Riding her rocking horse.
    * Writing in her summer workbook.
    * Getting into her Knoebels fanny pack for her money when we were packing.
    * First day of school, standing by her alarm clock trying to turn it off (placed her there before DD woke up). The other 2 were trying to climb up and one was on the others shoulders.

Now we even play "hide the girls". We use to play hide-n-seek ourselves but there are only so many places that "mommy" can hide. Much more fun playing hide the girls and they have been in some unusual places. I love to see hubby's face when my daughter asks him to play. The first time he said "you want me to play what?" Too funny!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 08, 2006 12:19 PM: Message edited by: T. Lynn ]</font>

Polly Marie

Such cute situations the dolls get themselves into at your house! [img]wink.gif[/img]