Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Mary Kate:
    I just checked completed auctions on ebay. Someone has been selling quite a few Skylars for a buy it now of $29.99.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, that's exactly how I got mine. Great seller, and I thought it was a good deal after watching EBAY for Skylars for several weeks.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Skyler really is a pretty doll. Her hair seems longer then Haily and Gwens. Her meet outfit is very cute too. Don't feel bad, I think paid $50 (or was it $40??) with S&H, still that was less then new with no code.

She is a lovley doll and a great one to add to your collection. My problem now is DD has 3 HH dolls, and 2 of many things like the chair. I guess they just have to share. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the idea, I'm going to have to make some stools. We only have the 3 dolls, I haven't gotten any furniture or anything for them yet which I reallly need to get to working on along with their clothes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by MuppetQuilter:
    </font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by PhDfamily:
    My problem now is DD has 3 HH dolls, and 2 of many things like the chair. I guess they just have to share. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My DDs have two dolls each and one flower pot desk each but we found a great solution.

We took empty lotion tubs (we used Cetaphil-- the brand doesn't matter it's the size). I put them through the dishwasher to make sure all the lotion residue was gone. Then we hot glued fabric around the tub, glued ribbon around the side of the lid (for decoration). On the bottom of the tub we glued a cushion made from a circle of fabric gathered over a circle of batting (not too fluffy but soft). Turn the tub on its lid and you have an instant stool. The dolls sit on them very well (the lid is more stable than the rounded bottom of the tub which is why we turned it upside down-- first one didn't turn out well) and you can store accessories inside.

For a desk we took a child's sized shoe box. Glue the lid on the side (so it makes sort of an L-- one side of the lid fits flush over the side/bottom edge of the box and the other hangs out past the edge of the shoe box-- I hope that makes sense). Cover the box and lid with paper. The lid of the shoe box becomes the desk top and the doll's legs (on her new lotion tub stool) slide underneath and rest in the box.

My DDs were thrilled to be able to make their own desks and personalize them as they pleased. And if they get broken it's easy to make a new one.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">What a great idea. Thanks so much for sharing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by PhDfamily:
    My problem now is DD has 3 HH dolls, and 2 of many things like the chair. I guess they just have to share. [img]wink.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">My DDs have two dolls each and one flower pot desk each but we found a great solution.

We took empty lotion tubs (we used Cetaphil-- the brand doesn't matter it's the size). I put them through the dishwasher to make sure all the lotion residue was gone. Then we hot glued fabric around the tub, glued ribbon around the side of the lid (for decoration). On the bottom of the tub we glued a cushion made from a circle of fabric gathered over a circle of batting (not too fluffy but soft). Turn the tub on its lid and you have an instant stool. The dolls sit on them very well (the lid is more stable than the rounded bottom of the tub which is why we turned it upside down-- first one didn't turn out well) and you can store accessories inside.

For a desk we took a child's sized shoe box. Glue the lid on the side (so it makes sort of an L-- one side of the lid fits flush over the side/bottom edge of the box and the other hangs out past the edge of the shoe box-- I hope that makes sense). Cover the box and lid with paper. The lid of the shoe box becomes the desk top and the doll's legs (on her new lotion tub stool) slide underneath and rest in the box.

My DDs were thrilled to be able to make their own desks and personalize them as they pleased. And if they get broken it's easy to make a new one.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

PhDfamily-- I hope your kids have as much fun making things for their dolls as mine have had! [img]smile.gif[/img]

AGdivine-- there is a Skylar on eBay BIN, just PMed you the auction. Yes, I'm an enabler. I just love the HHS dolls and want to share the fun.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 30, 2006 02:07 PM: Message edited by: MuppetQuilter ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I paid around 43.00 dollars for my Skylar and I don't regret it, she is beautiful. I got a Logan but her limbs are lose [img]frown.gif[/img] For me, Skylar is more beautiful than Logan!!! I think if you search and wait a little bit (unlike me, I just can't wait when I want something), you can get her for less than 30.00.

Good luck!!!

GreyMyst

Ana, do you have a bigger pic of Jess in the Brazilian soccer jersey in your avatar ?

That is SOOOO cute and I'd love to see it bigger!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by brazilian_girl:
    I got a Logan but her limbs are lose [img]frown.gif[/img]
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Just a thought, but you could send Logan to the Doll Hospital. If you call CS they can give you the prices but HHS repairs are less than 18" AG and more than BB. (I noticed my DD's Hallie's leg was loose but it turned out it was just twisted around too many times-- the string in her leg got twisted as the leg can rotate 360.) Anyway, I checked into the hospital options for HHS before deciding when to give my youngest her dolls-- if they couldn't be repaired she'd probably have to wait till she's 30! [img]wink.gif[/img]

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12