Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Did all Addy's have this at the back of the neck under Pleasant Company? If not, what year was this added? I am trying to decide whether to get a new Addy or a PM Addy. Has anyone ordered her recently? Thanks.

Ashley1972

First issue Addy dolls have those numbers stamped on the back of their necks and they have squishier vinyl and rosier skintone. They are absolutely stunning. Mattel Addy's are just as beautiful with a more chocolatey skintone.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got my Addy about 6 weeks ago from the NY store.
    She has American Girl LLC and artist stamp.

Ashley1972

My PM Addy's vinyl is squishy but not near as squishy as my white body Molly's is. Probably because Addy didn't come out until 1993(I think that's the right date?).

joelanddeborah

So, those numbers on Addies mean they are first-run dolls? Wow--Is their vinyl as squishy as the white body dolls?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just so you know...it's not only the first run Addys that have those numbers. I got my Addy from AGPC in 2003 and she has the numbers and the artist mark on her. I assume Mattel must have used the original PC mold on later dolls. You can still see a difference in the eyelashes of the original dolls versus the Mattel ones, but if you are looking on ebay it's much harder to see those differences only in pictures. So just be careful - just because an Addy has those numbers doesn't necessarily mean she is PM.

Ashley1972

Thanks for the new information, Katie. I didn't know about this. We should make a sticky with all the information about the dolls and the different markings on them.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yep, '93 is the right date. I got Addy for Christmas in 1993 and mine has those numbers!