Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

Okay, I know it's a bit early for Halloween talk but all this talk of doll costumes reminded me a Halloween costume I heard about on the radio last year and it made me laugh so I thought I'd share it and see what other ideas or costumes people have seen/heard/dressed as of before. Here it is:

A guy was dressed all in black and had his daughters Barbies pinned all over him, what was he you ask?........A chick magnet! Isn't that hysterical. It makes me laugh everytime I think about it. I wish I were so creative!!

[img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Kristin

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Somebody dressed up as a Gundum... this was at an Anime convention. Did a great job though.

T. Lynn

That is funny...I like that idea.

Thanks so much for sharing!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I like the chick magnet idea. Funny! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

We have an AG small backpack book that has some really cute ideas. One of my favorites is a bag of Jelly Bellies. You take a clear garbage bag and put it around the person (not on their head of course) and fill it with lots of different colors of small balloons. Since DD's name is Jillian we call her Jilly Bean at times so I've always loved this costume idea, but haven't used it yet!

Another idea in the book was to go as a picnic table loaded with food. You take a red and white checked vinyl tablecloth and drape it over your front and back. I think you put cardboard so it will keep shape. Then you glue on paper plates and fake food! I think the person wears a chef's hat.

This is going to be a FUN thread. Can't wait to hear all of the creative ideas!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 15, 2006 09:17 PM: Message edited by: MOM to JILLIAN ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My youngest went as an 8 ball his first Halloween. I was 7.5 months pregnant with him. [img]tongue.gif[/img] I wore a black turtleneck w/ black pants, socks & shoes. I cut out a white felt circle & stitched it to the tummy of the shirt. I then cut out a black felt 8 & glued it to the circle. My DD & DS thought it was too funny that the "baby" was in costume too. I'll have to get DH to load a picture. All we have on the computer are pics from 2006.

Bren [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My mom always came up with great costume ideas:
    Some of them were normal ones-Raggedy Ann, Rainbow Brite, a clown.

But between my brother and I:
    Other costumes were: Olive Oyl, Donald Duck, a Geisha and my favorite...my brother the elephant and I was the elephant tamer!

-Jordyn

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh my goodness I went as the picnic table when I was about 10 yrs. old. I still have the costume. It was very cute and I got a lot of complements. My mom and I made it. It was in an issue of the American girl magazine at the time. I should post a picture. You will have to give me a moment though...
    Here it is:

http://www.imagestation.com/album/pi...?id=2102976998

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 15, 2006 07:10 PM: Message edited by: Molly92 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I almost forgot...

For Halloween 2004, DS decided he wanted to be Gilligan from Gilligan's Island. The costume turned out great!

Halloween1

Halloween2

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

As a kid, I was a penguin once. I think people liked that one the best. My favorite though was when I was about four. We had no money and my mother made an old white tablecloth into an angel outfit. She couldn't sew so she traced my body and glued it together, with lots of glitter and wings made of stiff paper. I still have it in my memory box- my "mamo" always has had a way of making up for a lack of money with the gift of her time and love.

As for the funniest costume I've seen (that wouldn't be too adult or offensive)- my mother's current husband went one year as Little Bo Peep. It was a total crackup- he's a working class guy and has a beard. He had the bonnet, the sheep crook, the petticoats, the whole 9 yards.

I've seen some pretty amazing costumes in anime/costume conventions' pictures. The best I've ever seen was a dark elf, but wow- it must have cost hundreds of dollars at the very least. I always just go as a vampire now. It's so easy and cost effective, since I have the goth clothes anyway and long black hair (and I'm Celtic/Norwegian so naturally very pale with very light blue eyes). All I add is fangs and makeup. I end up looking like a put a lot of work into it to people who don't know me, LOL. I've thought about getting the special contacts, but somehow the thought of shelling out $80 on anything I'll wear only once a year isn't appealing.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was watching America's Funniest Home Videos last night, and they had a cool couple costume. They both had big black boxes on. One person was an outlet, and the other was a plug. When they stood together so the plug went into the outlet, their boxes lit up with a string of lights all around them.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast