Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Well first and foremost, I must say that I am new to this board. This is my first time posting. I am just starting to get into AG. I have had a Samantha doll that I received when I was 7. I have had her for about 15 years now. As a child, I was too afraid to touch her because I basically adored her and I was afraid that I would hurt her. She has been on a shelf for 15 years. In the past few years, she has been taken down to be played with (under a very watchful eye) by my 6 and 2 year old nieces. With the decision to purchase each of my younger nieces a doll for Christmas, I decided to take Sam down and see how she has been. I also ordered Jess last night because Sam asked for a friend. We share a name and she is just precious! Sam and I are both pretty excited for her arrival!

Anyways, I was brushing out Samantha's hair when this happened (see below along with a picture of Sam waving hello (15 years on a shelf has made this little one hungry for human contact.)) Now I have been extremely gentle with her and I was barely brushing her bangs when this occured. She has lovely hair, maybe a little dry, but what do I do about this?! Help!!! (btw, sorry the pictures are so big and of such poor quality. My digicam ran out of batteries and I used my camera phone. Also, I am pretty much computer stupid.)

1465520417 ORIG

1465520418 ORIG

1469258138 ORIG

Polly Marie

<font color="purple"> <font size="4">Welcome to the board, "Jessaleah". [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img] </font></font>

Your premattel Samantha is a beautiful doll. I'm not going to give you any advice about the wig problem since I don't have a doll with the type of wig netting yours has, but I'm sure someone here has a doll with this type of wigging who can advise you.

I do have a Jess and I think she will be a great friend for Samantha. Jess is a lovely doll.
    [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi Jessaleah [img]smile.gif[/img] It's lovely to 'meet' you! I'm pretty new too so don't have any advice to offer but I'm sure there will be someone who will be able to help. Your Samantha is beautiful!

Cheers,
    Val
    (Edited to add signature, which I forgot *doh*)

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 14, 2006 02:31 AM: Message edited by: AG fan Down Under ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you for joining! I don't know anything about wigs, but I suppose it might be possible to glue the offending piece back in place, or POSSIBLY to sew it in. Although, neither solution sounds ideal to me, so hopefully someone else has a better idea! (I've never heard of anything like that happening before. AG would probably consider it a defect and replace the head (and probably the limbs to match) for free, but the newer doll heads are noticably different than the older ones, so most of the people here would recommend against that!).

The moderator team has sent you a welcoming PM as well. To read it, just open your Inbox (the link is near the upper-lefthand corner of most pages, near your username).

Again, welcome to our board, and best of luck with your Samantha! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can use brown thread and a curved needle to carefully stitch the hair back in place.I have done this on a couple of dolls.

You can read more about it here:
    http://agplaythings.proboards105.com...ead=1146330923

Good luck with your Sam, she is a beauty!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 14, 2006 03:07 AM: Message edited by: American_Mommy ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Welcome and Congratulations on Jess!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Has the piece of hair actually fallen out or is it just a longer piece that has come unattached from the pulled back part? If it's that just pull it back and put it with pony. If it's actually loose, I would follow advise you've been given.

Welcome to the board! Your Sam is lovely and I know she'll love her new friend Jess.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, and welcome to the board!!

It looks to me like just one "row" of her bangs has come unstitched (the thread may have dry-rotted, simply due to age--nobody's "fault").

If it were me, I'd just hand-sew it back onto the wig-cap fabric with dark-colored thread. If you don't like the first result, you can take the stitches out and try again until she looks like you want. [img]smile.gif[/img]

(I would NOT recommend trying to glue it back--it's so easy to make a mess with glue in doll hair, and much harder to remedy.)

Good luck with your lovely Samantha! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you, everyone!! I am going to try to sew it back in later today. That seems like the best method to me. Lets just hope I can keep a steady hand and Sam doesn't get any much unwanted piercings. [img]graemlins/gulp.gif[/img]

joelanddeborah

This is why I like this board!

I don't usually have "THE ANSWER"to the questions asked, but I really enjoy reading everyone's ideas. I think the real purpose of this board is to help us support each other in collecting and maintaining our dolls!

I LOVE IT!! THANKS SO MUCH EVERYONE!!

[img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]