Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I try to follow Mrs. C's idea. Whenever you get money, divide it in half. Put half in an AG jar and half in an "other stuff" jar. That way you can get a little of everything you want. But when you're out of money in one jar, don't steal from the other one! That's the hard part. [img]wink.gif[/img]

Good luck saving for Vanessa! We know you can do it! [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by american_girl_forever:

I feel really sick right about now and I keep getting all these weird dizzy spells. Im just going through alot right now and I really can't think straight, like I feel like I need to be mad at my friend for alot of reasons but I don't want to be.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I get those too when I am stressed out.

When I am trying to save money for a doll, I hide the money in a drawer. I usually put half of the money I get into the drawer so I still have some left in my wallet to buy stuff. It takes me a little longer to save up but I have the money to buy other stuff but I know that when it's gone, I can't use any of the saved $$.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It is so easy to feel like this is a completely safe, friendly place full of other doll nuts. Most of the time it is! But feeling so comfortable can cause any of us to say something we shouldn't from time to time. Not revealing your age online is a good plan, particularly when you are young. It's just a precaution. We all forget things like that sometimes! No worries!! [img]smile.gif[/img]

I'm sorry about the mess with your friend. I hope you feel better soon. Is there someone you can talk with about what is going on? It might make you feel better.

You've gotten lots of good suggestions. I would add cutting out a picture of the doll you want and keeping it in your wallet. That way when you are out and tempted to buy you will be reminded what you are saving for. Lots and lots of people have trouble saving-- at all ages. If you can force yourself to learn good spending/savings habits now you will be in a much better position when you are on your own. Keep reminding yourself why you aren't spending. Maybe you could start a thread for pictures of the doll you want-- that way when you are feeling bad about not spending you can look at all those lovely pictures!

I would plan a budget. Your parents might be able to help you with this. Make a plan for saving for the doll. Take your income (allowance, baby sitting, extra jobs, gifts....) and estimate as best you can how much you are likely to earn each month. Then plan out how to use that money. What amount or % goes into long term savings (if you can't estimate how much money you will earn each month you can work with precentages instead of exact figures)? How much goes into doll savings? How much is for regular spending?

It can be very difficult to deny yourself everything while you save for a big goal. Often it is easier to save if you allow a little bit of spending money. So if you get $5 a week, put $4 into savings and allow yourself $1 to spend. $1 doesn't go far, but if you save your dollars, pretty soon you have enough to get pizza with your friends or rent a movie or buy a few doll sized items from the Target dollar bins.

Good luck! It is hard to save but you will feel so good about yourself and your doll when you have earned her yourself!! You cna do it! I have absolutely no doubt about that.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12