Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Found it! Switching AG eyes... making OOAKS!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have really been pining after #25 with #23's eyes, and #23 with #25's eyes.

But AG won't switch the eyes. So what to do?

Well, I searched for dollie hospitals and found TLC Doll Hospital in Colorado. For the fee of about $20-24, they will switch the eyes for you. The only catch is that you have to have two dolls that they can swap. The doll repair guy said that AGs have a special kind of eye and standard kinds they have in stock don't work right with the AGs. So you can't send in one doll and have a new color eye put in, but you can send in two and they'll swap the eyes for you.

Yay! Now when the new meet outfits come out, I'm definitely getting #23 and #25, and then they'll go on to the doll hospital to get their eyes swapped out. [img]smile.gif[/img] I'll post pictures when they eventually return.

Can't wait for September... hurry up, AG!

Also, anybody interested in a #21 with Kirsten's blue eyes? I want my Kirsten II to have hazel eyes (then she'd look like my mom), but I'd need to get a #21 to do the swap and I don't want an extra dollie!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

That is so cool! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img] I can't wait to see pictures of how it turns out! [img]smile.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ July 08, 2006 01:50 PM: Message edited by: Gombe Gal ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, that's neat! I want a blue-eyed 25, too. I've been hoping they'd make an AG like this come fall, if not I might have to do this, too.

Please post pics after you do it [img]smile.gif[/img] .

Polly Marie

Very interesting! I've been looking for replacement eyes and have not found any yet.
    Thanks a lot for the info! [img]graemlins/heart.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Janie3082

That sounds really cool! I'm anxious to see your girls after their eye switches! [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm glad you found a doll hospital to do it! [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Gack! Imagine buying two brand new dolls and then sending them away to have their eyes exchanged. Shades of mad scientist somehow?

Anyway, I'm glad you found a solution so your wish will come true. I should have written your wish to hang on my tree but this shows you don't need a special technique to get what you're wishing for. Just imagination and persistence.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I want to do the same thing eventually with Molly and 25, but I was thinking about switching wigs (not sure if it can even be done). Switching eyes seems like a better way to do it. I really want a bangless dark haired doll with grey eyes. She looks like a character from my story called Maia. I might just get a Molly off ebay and rewig her though...it depends.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kim -

Just wanted to state once again that I have also dealt with the TLC Doll Hospital, and found them to be wonderful. They restrung my daughter's while bodied Kirsten (whose leg had fallen off) while we waited, and on a weekend to boot! I emailed them, and explained that my daughter refused to let me mail the doll, because she thought people (& dolls) didn't come back from the hospital (her Daddy had died a few months before). They went above and beyond, and made a five year old (at the time) and her Mommy very happy that day.

Linda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ooooo! Can't wait to see the results! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast