Thread: ~~**UPDATE ON THE AG HOSTBOARD COOKBOOK**~~

rolloverrover

<font face="comic book sans"><font size="3"><font color="blue">First of all, PLEASE DO NOT SEND any more recipes at this time. I already have more than 150 to work with. I had originally hoped to have the cookbook completed in time for the coming holiday season. Since I will be starting school next month (in addition to part-time work and full-time wife and mother duties), I am going to work on this project very slowly. I am planning to transfer recipes (2-3 a day) at a snail's pace.

However, I will be on the lookout for cooking pictures all the time. Vicky94 gave me the okay just today to add some of her current "Felicity Baking Cookies" photos to my cookbook photo file.

Also, once the cookbook is complete, I have decided that it will be available to Hostboard members in a CD format only. A CD format will be MUCH, MUCH easier to finish, and that way we can add ALL the cool pictures that become available via Hostboard members.

And please do not worry about being a new Hostboard member and not having submitted a recipe. There will be another opportunity in the FAR FUTURE to submit more recipes. I would like to have as many people represented as possible.

Thanks!</font></font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 24, 2006 12:41 PM: Message edited by: SugarMagnolia ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hey Nancy, thanks for the update! I was thinking about the cookbook not too long ago so you must have read my mind! Great idea putting it on a CD, way more cost effective and also no worries about finding one of those cookbook printing places and worrying about who is cheaper.

CD form is really cool because instead of having the whole thing in print, we can each print out just those recipes we'd plan to use or try. A CD takes up way less space on a shelf too than a book.

That will be so cute to have AG cooking pics in it too--nice of Vicky to share her pics. I just saw her album today, very sweet!

I'm in no hurry, you're a sweetie for even taking this on so I appreciate it whenever it comes out. Just let us know the cost when the time comes! Your first concerns are your family, job and your studies so you're smart to work on this just whenever you can. [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you so much for doing this! Work at your own pace, no one will hurry you, and we'll all appreciate it when it's done!!!

Jo

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Nancy, what is the deal with the Hostage note in your signature? Are you going to comply with the wishes/threats of your girls? Will you be getting them a new sister?

By the way, thanks for spending the time to put together the cookbook! I just got so overwhelmed by the Hostage note that I need to know more! - Meg B.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the update---I was just thinking about the cookbook not long ago, and feeling bad for not having sent in my recipes! [img]redface.gif[/img]

(I'd meant to send some back with Jin Mei, but forgot--dazzled by her sweet Coconut PJ's!) [img]smile.gif[/img]

Now I'm reprieved for awhile--but be sure to let us all know when more recipes are needed!

A CD is a clever solution to all our storage issues, as well as cheaper to mail, and LOTS of sweet AG pictures included!! [img]biggrin.gif[/img] YAY!!

Thanks for doing this for everyone! [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the update.

BellasMama

Instead of putting on CD - why not do it in a word processing program (ms word or word perfect) - that way it would be e-mailed to memebers.

Do you need help?? I have some free time now that Bella is in School!

Let me know...