Thread: Tell me about Bitty Twin's hair for a three year old...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was about to get a Bitty Twin for my daughter (as a single on ebay or with a friend), until I saw my niece's Josefina last night - it was a tangled, frizzy mess!

My daughter will be four in March - will she be able to take of this doll? I want her to be able to brush the hair - do simple hairstyles if she can. But will she ruin the hair?

I have an old Maxy Muffin whose hair is beautiful. What can I expect from a Twin?

Oh! Bitty's hair looks thinner than Maxy's - anybody with experience on both? I've never had a Twin in my hands, so just trying to get a picture.

Thanks.

Lisa

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have the older version of the twins with the shorter hair. I think it's easy to take care of and your dd would not have trouble brushing it. I have heard that Josephina's hair can be really hard to care for though.........it's so long and can get tangled easily. The bitty twin girl would be the perfect first AG doll for your dd!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I also think the Bitty Twin dolls with the short hair would be perfect. I think a small child might have some trouble with the hair of the newer Bitty Twin girls.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Kit also has super hair. Our Kit gets changed and played with much more than the other dolls since her hair practically falls back into place.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Josephina's hair is much longer and thicker than the BT's hair. I don't think your daughter will have any trouble caring for the hair. It may get messy, but two minutes with a brush will fix it. BT hair is not very thick which makes it much easier to care for.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My 3 Year old has this and she loves them we have the blond and brunette girl. The hair is just long enough to be fun and cute, but short enough for easy care

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thank you all! It seems crazy to get an old twin on ebay - too much. I will try to find a friend to split a new set of twins with me.

Thanks - I absolutely cannot wait to get my first AG package in the mail!!! After three boys and 13 years, I can do it for my little girl! Yippee!
    Lisa