Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well, the trip to NYC on saturday had perfect weather but I think it made every single person in the tri-state area hit the Manhattan streets and stores. It was so mobbed! DD and I ended up being disappointed because we could hardly get close to anything, let alone think about buying anything due to the crowds at AGP.

Another downer was the Holiday store window displays. While they were cute and creative (the dolls' arms move), they seemed to miss the magic that I've seen in previous years. Just MHO, I'd be interested in hearing what others' thoughts are.

Here are a couple pics I was able to take (sorry the window ones didn't turn out that good due to the glass reflection). I couldn't help but take a photo of Samantha wearing her coat. I thought she was one of the cutest Sams I had ever seen!

DSCN9693

DSCN9694

DSCN9696

DSCN9697

DSCN9698

DSCN9700

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm sorry you were dissapointed. I'm trying to prepare myself for the crowds. You are so right about that Samantha. She is beautiful. Thanks for the pictures.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks so much for the pictures!!!
    That is a lovely Sam!!
    I really loved the pic of Molly!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

thanks for the pictures. Samantha looks like an angel imo in the picture of her in the coat. Now is it just me or is does that molly, in the picture with her and emily in they're meet outfits, have her eye on that cake that's on a fake shop window in the picture. I think that molly is too busy focas on cake than to say hi to people.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

LOL Coreybell!!! Too funny that you noticed that. Also take a look at the first picture. Along the bottom there were a few of the theater seats set up with the dolls actually clapping for the girls on display. Another observation was that I had no idea that Molly's and Emily's dogs were so little.

<font color="#33CCCC"><font size="1">[ November 12, 2006 10:53 PM: Message edited by: luv*AG ]</font></font>

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 12, 2006 10:54 PM: Message edited by: luv*AG ]</font>

Polly Marie

Thanks for the pictures. Enjoyed seeing the displays. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]
    Sorry about the crowds. AG really needs more stores. [img]graemlins/thumbs_up.gif[/img]

Inactive Member katherinecusick's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi!

Thanks for the pictures of AGPNY! I think the displays are actually quite cute, but I've got no point of comparison.

That Samantha is darling! Your picture of her is awesome. Now that I've got Nellie & Bridget, with Jenny aka Emily on the way for Christmas, Samantha is next! Please keep on posting cute pictures of Samantha for me to drool over--wait did I just type that? I'm supposed to be trying to not get any more dolls until after Nicki is released! No, seriously, if you've got a Samantha of your own, please post some of her too!

I hope you & DD had a fun trip despite the crowds--NY is magical no matter what and AGPNY is just icing on the cake!

[img]smile.gif[/img] Katie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, the displays are up! When I went on the 4th I saw the guy working on them.

Thanks for the pictures!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks! I really like the large pictures of the historicals behind the dolls on display!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I was there on Thursday 11/9 and the windows were blocked and there was no display- I think it looks great!!

I brought my DD and did the 'Day at AGP' package- it was worth every penny and the show was fantasic!!

The crowds wern't too bad, but I thought the place was pretty packed for a thursday morning!!

BTW- we got my DD her very own doll- she chose Emily, who is gorgeous!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast