Thread: Felicity and an educational and FUN weekend!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Looks like Diana and Felicity will be getting a big history lesson this weekend. The Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail was one used by Patriots during the Revolutionary War as they tracked down the British. It stretched 330 miles between Virginia, Tennessee, North Carolina and South Carolina, and ended in Patriot Victory at the Battle of Kings Mountain.

There is a new rustic housing development in the foothills of the Blue Ridge Mountains in NC, where part of this path cuts through, it's called 1780 (the year this happened) and they are having this event this weekend:

Lake James and the National Park Service invite you to celebrate a historic occasion - the official dedication of the first mile of a 3.5 mile section of pathways on the Overmountain Victory National Historic Trail. Located in the community 1780, these pathways will be certified by the National Park Service.

Take a journey through time with:
    - Lunch
    - Living history re-enactments featuring actors in the traditional garb of the era of Overmountain Men
    - Artisans displaying their 18th century crafts
    -Starting at 5pm enjoy an evening of dinner music and storytelling around the campfire.

<font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I just love it when I get to show my DH how AG can still be educational and bring all of this to life for Diana.

I think we'll have a great time.

Laurie

ps...here's another link to more info on the 1780 trail:

Overmountain Victory trail

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ September 26, 2006 07:07 AM: Message edited by: dianasmama ]</font>

Polly Marie

Sounds interesting and fun. I'm so glad that AG made historic dolls. [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]
    Please post pics and educate us a little long the way. [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Sounds like fun. I love historical outings like that a lot. Let us know how it went.