Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

... AGT15 is calling me!!!
    She has been for the longest time!
    And since I am moving, and the financial future is uncertain, I should not get any more dollies for the time being.
    I know, the responsible adult in me tells me to wait, and if she is discontinued, too bad and that is what ebay id for.
    However, the hurt little girl in me (and she is VERY hurt after the last couple of months!) badly wants a new dollie!
    I can pay for her now, but I should not spend the money, since I do not know if unemployment is going to be the sole support of my family... but then I think "well... then I am not going to be able to get her later either..."
    Help!!!
    Please, talk some sense into me!!!
    [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img] [img]redface.gif[/img]
    Ana

Polly Marie

She is a beautiful doll, I have my eyes turned toward her too. ----But I'm waiting and hoping that when the new JLY(AGOT) dolls come our way, there will be a doll with similar coloring but with straight fine black hair. Thinking about a middle eastern girl! [img]smile.gif[/img]
    Polly Marie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Maybe you could take the money for her and set it aside. Then when you are ready and things are more secure, you'll be all set to get her. [img]smile.gif[/img] If she is retired, there is always E-Bay.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I feel your pain. I want #15 too and I have been in your position. When we were unemployed a few years ago we passed on a lot of things we would have ordinarily purchased. Luckily our unemployment didn't last long but I have not regretted being extra responsible during that time.

That said, I don't know the details of your situation and I do know what it is like when that inner little girl is screaming out for a new doll. I'm fighting that with 15 right now as I got Jess and Lindsey last month and my DH has a BT (short haired girl) hidden away for Christmas. I simply can't justify a fourth doll right now and I am hoping against hope they won't retire her. (Do we have confirmation on that??) Sometimes you have been through too much and you need something indulgent and fun and I completely understand that.

Any chance you have a friend or relative who would get her for you for the holidays or your birthday that could be convinced to order her now?

Good luck with your decision. I love AG but I do have to come down on the side of food and rent-- however, if things aren't desperate a new doll can d wonders for you attitude and attitude is a big part of job interviews....

Ashley1972

Ana, do you have anything you can sell on ebay to raise the money for this doll? That's what I've been doing recently. I'm selling things for money to pay the bills with and socking away a bit at a time so I can have my own sweet #15.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Ana,

If you can reasonably afford the doll I would get her now. She may retire and you really need something to boost your spirits. Before you move I would make a last visit to AGP get your doll and enjoy the day. $87 is not going to make of break you.

As you pack you can sort out some unneeded items you can ebay to pay off the doll and reduce some clutter at the same time.

3 1/2 years ago I lost a job with only a months notice. I was very miserable with the new manager that came in and was actively job hunting when I was made aware of the layoff. Of course I was upset and afraid but it opened up a lot of opportuntiies for me that I would have been too scared to take if I had had the security of a job. I am betting moving back to MA will be the best thing for you and a great opportunity will come along soon. Try not to fret too much and actually enjoy the time when you don't have to work.

Brenda

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know how you all feeling. I sold a bunch of things so that we would have spending money in La,, it is so hard. [img]confused.gif[/img] Like right now i should put all my money on bills . But i just am being pulled darn the force...... HEHEH

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, gals! You are all so wonderful!!!

Brenda: you are speaking my mind in your post! Thanks! You are describing exactly where I'm at right now.

MuppetQuilter: you are right on target with the attitude piece! I need a pick me up and a new girl would do it!

Bbbren: that is part of the problem! I am taking DD to Emily's opening at AGPNY next Tuesday, and I KNOW I will drool over 15 while I'm there!

Also, I preordered the new Carpatina doll (Ana Ming) in January as a bday present for me, but when she came in she was totally different from what I expected. Don't get me wrong, she is a beauty, but she is cold as ice! I am making her into my Ancient Egyptian lady, one that you admire but you don't dare play with!

I do have "stuff" that I can sell on ebay, even though I will wait till closer to the holidays since the going is slow right now.
    So, I think I am going to go ahead and purchase 15 next week and plan on "making up" for her purchase selling some of the other "goodies" later. As a matter of fact, that is when I will need the $$ anyhow.

Please, ladies, keep me in your prayers! Interviews are coming fast and furious now, and I am begging the Heavens to give me a job where I can be of service to my fellow brethren (I work in community colleges) and support my family at the same time. Amen!

Thanks again!
    Ana [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You might want to order her now, not next week. To 10% code is still working but we have no idea how much longer it will work....

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Well Anna probally not what you want to hear but I say BUY THE NEW DOLL!! You have had a rough couple months , GO FOR IT!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast