Thread: American Girl Build Your Own Doll?

Ashley1972

I've never heard of this. Did they do this at one time in the past? Here's the auction:
    ebay auction

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The seller is referring to our ability to choose a doll that looks like "us". ie picking the skin color, hair color, eye color etc. from the existing dolls offered by AG. They used to have grey eyed dolls, but they are no longer offered. Hope this helps (and made sense)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

No, but a lot of people think they do, or did. I wonder if some people confuse AG with My Twinn. The point of AGT was to have many different dolls, so you could choose the one that looks MOST like yourself. They didn't do "special orders."

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Red face

I wish they still had the grey-eyed dolls. I also wish they would bring back the AGT who had dark brown hair and green eyes. Ohhh! I would love to have her.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AGMommy:
    I also wish they would bring back the AGT who had dark brown hair and green eyes. Ohhh! I would love to have her.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have her and she has always been one of my favorites. Her name is Marie and she's a princess [img]smile.gif[/img]

I think I like AG without the build-your-own. I dunno. It would be fun, but it wouldn't keep the collecting as fun/frenzied since they couldn't add/retire dolls.

prasnlrd

What a beautiful dollie and EXCELLENT BIN price! I am shocked that she is still available! WOW!

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]rolleyes.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think I remember that outfit, or at least it looks familiar. I wouldnt mind bidding on her but I dont think my mom would let me.