Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone have mini Kit and Nellie?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am pondering over my last minute code purchases and am wondering about getting these two for my girls. Are they cute or a little scarry looking? Anyone have real pictures of them?

Thanks,
    Christine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I got Mini Nellie and she is so adorable!! Highly recommed!!! Have seen also Mini Kit, she is cute too! I can take pics if you need too for Mini Nellie.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Smile

I don't have them, but I've seen both at my local Barnes & Noble, and even though I know you can't use the code there, that's where I'd buy them. About 50% of the ones I saw were ugly, while the other 50% were adorable. That's just my recommendation.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We have both of these, and though I think Nellie is way cuter, they are both adorable. My daughter loves them!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have mini Nellie. She's adorable!
    I had a mini Kit that I got in a lot on eBay. She was in prefect condition, but I sold her. I didn't care for her hair. The shorter the hair on the minis, the poofier it is. There's no weight to hold it down. The ones with bangs are the same way-- very late 80s big bangs! Nellie's bangs are a bit thinner, so they aren't as poofy and I also used the Biolage leave-in condition to comb them down.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Here are my two cents...The mini Nellie is really cute in person and mini Kit is much better looking in person too than on the web. I got all the minis with the code. I gotta say they are all much cutier in person. I second the comments on the poofy bangs for Kirsten, especially and the poofy hair on Kit. It doesn't curve under nicely like the regular doll. But I must add this point....I was completely shocked at how much play my dd gets with these...SHE LOVES THEM! Her Kit doll is never without a mini doll and when they go to bed at night, Kit gets mini Kirsten and Josephina to sleep with and my dd gets mini Kit and mini Addy. DD treats her Kit as a big girl just like her, so it's kinda like they both have the same kinda of dolls..that is dd's 3 1/2 year old reasoning. I am much happier that I got them and with the code. Our mini dolls are not in perfect shape anymore, but man are they loved and played with A LOT and even through all that, they still look pretty cute!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have all of the mini dolls. Since they sell them at the bookstores I tend to get them before I get the full-sized dolls. I do not plan to buy the full-sized Nellie for the time being, and the same will be true for Elizabeth and the other "friends", since I have all of the lead character dolls and space and $ is precious at the moment, especially with me moving soon. So the mini dolls are a smaller, cheaper way for me to get my fill of all of the characters.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all the input. I decided to get Mini Nellie and Mini Kit and am SO glad I did. My oldest dd (in avatar) has Kit so of course the mini will be hers. My youngest 2.5 loves Nellie and is too young for the real one (She has a BB) so this one will be perfect for her! They will be surprise gifts on our long Easter vacation car ride.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am new here, so Hi!.

I'm glad you decided to get N&K. You're going to love them. My dd won the whole set (before Kaya and Nellie came out) and I just bought K&N with the code. I think they are every bit as cute as the full sized dolls, (she has all but Kaya and Nellie in 18"). This size offers several advantages:

They fit the clothes of several other high quality dolls. Mini Molly particularly loves Ginny's girl scout uniform, and Felicity and Kirsten have made off like bandits with the clothes made by Raikes for Hitty, whose longer legs make her skirts just right (if a mite loose) for them. The first Madeline clothes fit, too. I believe it is Ginny whose shoes fit.

The slightly larger than 1/12" doll house furniture and houses fit well. Is this 1"/10"? This also makes it a great option as a girl gets older, since real doll house play begins at about age 12, miniaturists tell me.

Budget: We've found so many wonderful things for our 2 story log cabin at a fraction of the price of AG full size! I once bought a whole room of furniture for less than a bedside table purchased the same week for the big girls. Plus it's easier to find second hand goodies - our 2 story wooden log cabin was 10.00 and working bicycle Molly's was 1.00 also at Goodwill. compare to a scenes & settings and Molly's bike!

Space considerations: Oh, my. The log cabin with everything and everybody takes an area about 24"X 30" vs, floor to ceiling cabinet 24"X64" plus another 50" plus square of overflow, plus storage... Clothes fit in one small tool box, with food, etc. vs half my dd's closet...

They travel better than the larger dolls, since they fit in a pocket and their hair styles are more durable. This also makes them a good option for a child who is too young for a full sized doll. I have a young relative who destroyed a Felicity and her Kit looks pretty bad, but her mini Kit, which gets carted everywhere, has held up really well.

We might never have discovered how great these minis are if she had not won them ( through a Hallmark promo). They are very much underated! Our only complaints are that the hair ( as stated by others) can be a bit puffy, but I think that can be remedied with hair products, and we've had hair compliants with some of the 18" doll hair that was not so easily resolved. Be aware you must be careful with shoes, Molly's glasses and Kit's barrette which fall off more easily than the big doll's things do. They are durable but can get lost doe to size.

A note on the history of these dolls: they originally had set in eyes, which didn't close and tended to bulge. I think that is why they never took off - they got a bad reputation for being ugly by early customers. The change to an intaglio eye was a big improvement. I think if the company marketed them with clothes (or, just simple patterns girls could follow) and furnishings (a house!) they would be a very successful product. I would have been thrilled had they made these instead of the AG Mini setting line a few years ago.

courtneysunshine

Originally posted by Marly's Mom:
    Thanks for all the input. I decided to get Mini Nellie and Mini Kit and am SO glad I did. My oldest dd (in avatar) has Kit so of course the mini will be hers. My youngest 2.5 loves Nellie and is too young for the real one (She has a BB) so this one will be perfect for her! They will be surprise gifts on our long Easter vacation car ride.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">We have all the mini dolls now although we are waiting for Kit, Kaya, and Kirsten to arrive. I think some of them are somewhat ugly when compared to the 18" version, but they are great as you said for a younger child or for taking them around town. I love you avatar! Your daughter is so adorable with Kit.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast