Thread: Disney Spirit Day at school!! (Not OT)

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Next week is "spirit week" at school, to celebrate Homecoming. The only good day, in my opinion, is Disney Day, which is on Wednesday. I really wanted to dress up myself, but I don't have a disney costume, only Stitch ears and t-shirts. I suppose I could wear my Halloween costume (It's a secret!) but I'm going to wear it to school on Haloween anyway. However... Miss Samantha Jane Parkington DOES have a Belle costume, so I'm contemplating bringing her to school! What do you think? I am a junior in High School.

Pros: I don't think anyone would care. I mean, I've walked around AT LEAST once a year in full Hermione Granger regalia, ever since eighth grade, and nobody really says anything about it anymore. I've brought dolls to school to switch with my friend, and all they did was stay in my locker, but I told one girl and she thought it was cool.
    If I didn't feel like carrying her, I bet I could convince my favorite teacher to let me leave Sam (her look-alike) in her room.

Cons: It's high school, and there could always be someone who wouldn't take it the right way.
    My mom doesn't think it is "age-appropriate" to bring the dolls to school and freaks out whenever I mention it. I BARELY convinced her to let me bring Cristel in, and all she did was sit in my locker all day. I even carried my books so I could keep her in my backpack. Maybe it's because I'm so short for my age, but it's not like nobody knows who I am (a lot of people come up to me in the hall and say hello, and I don't know who they are) or at least they know I belong in the school.
    I could get nasty comments from the girls I stopped being friends with last year. Part of why we aren't friends is because they'd criticize the things I collect (dolls, stuffed animals, etc).

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

My main concern would be the doll's safety; I know a board member's relative took a doll to school and someone (she never found out who) yanked its arm off! [img]frown.gif[/img]

I would say, dress like a pirate and pretend to be from Pirates of the Caribbean. [img]wink.gif[/img] Or I think your Stitch ears would be enough; maybe you could also bring a Stitch plushie (if you have one or want to buy one)?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Kenshinchan:
    maybe you could also bring a Stitch plushie (if you have one or want to buy one)?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I have a lot of those. I brought a small one in for Hawaiian day at band camp(he was wearing a hula skirt).

One of my buildabear's clothes did suffer minor damage when I brought her to school, but mainly it was because it was seventh grade and I was madly flirting with this boy... [img]redface.gif[/img] Maybe I'd only bring Sam to certain classes?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hmm, that's a tough decision to make, I totally understand wanting to bring a doll to school.

It's just me, but if I were in your position, I wouldn't bring her to school with me. Mostly, I wouldn't because I'm too afraid that she would get dirty, damaged, or even lost [img]eek.gif[/img] I don't know how big your high school is, but as you go from class to class and are busy with your day, it could be tiring to have to constantly worry about where she is and whether someone is messing with her...

Of course, you could always bring her and leave her in your locker or somewhere safe like that [img]wink.gif[/img]

I hope you will have fun whatever you end up doing [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I think if you have any concerns at all about bringing a doll, then you just shouldn't do it. Enjoy your spirit week craziness without stressing over the opinions of others, or worrying about potential damage to your girl. It's just not worth it, IMO.