Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I just called CS (holey moley, it took an entire day to get up the nerve [img]eek.gif[/img] ) and asked about some of the fabric contents of the doll clothes, on account of my wool allergy.

Since it's late, I only asked about a couple pieces I was doubtful on, since some of them don't seem to be wool at all, but I thought I'd share what I learned, in case anyone else doesn't have these items yet, or is planning to purchase them, but does not yet know.

1. Molly's Meet Outfit: the skirt is wool, the jumper is polyester/wool blend, and the dickie is cotton.

2. Kit's Meet Outfit: entirely cotton!

3. Kit's Christmas Dress: polyester

4. Emily's Meet Outfit: very possibly wool, because the girl I spoke to said it felt and looked a lot like Molly's - she said she wouldn't get that kind of detail until Aug 31st

So! If anyone else knows of things that are definitely wool, or other fabrics that may affect allergies, I'd be glad to know.

Also, I'm going to St Augustine tomorrow, to take photos of the Castillo de San Marco and the Bridge of Lions and St George Street for a friend who lives in Singapore, and I'm a bit upset that I don't have a doll yet to do a cool travelogue to share. I'll have to make another trip when I get her on 12 September. (Is that awful? I've got the day that she'll arrive figured out, and I haven't even made the order yet! Just waiting for the new JLYs to be announced... I've decided to get a short-haired brunette if there is one, or else Kit or Emily, if Emily's outfit isn't wool afterall.)

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] <font color="#e57c61">--- KERI ---</font> [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

OH! PS and stuff - I can't find the links to the albums of the Emily premier. Can anyone pull one up for me? TIA [img]graemlins/rose.gif[/img]

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ August 17, 2006 10:46 PM: Message edited by: keristars ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, I think Emily's meet outfit is cotton.

I think you are safe with all of Kit's collection except for her coat, mitten and hat. The rest is cotton or polyester I think. The tree outfit I am pretty sure is a cotton knit.
    Could be a blend but don't think any wool in it.

Molly's meet skirt, sweater (I really think it is cotton, but you can check to be sure) and maybe her school jumper might be wool. You could call about that too.

You can go on line and look at the outfit pictures. As you can tell most of the outfits are cotton, cotton blends or polyester.

I would not be worried and asking questions to cs at AG. That is why they are there. It is good that you checked before you ordered.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I asked specifically about Molly's Meet Outfit, because someone mentioned last time that her skirt was wool, and the girl on the line specifically said "polyester" regarding the jumper. I think it's either 100%, or there is a mite of wool in it - at any rate, I'll be avoiding it because of the skirt!

Also, I did try looking at the pictures online, but I just couldn't tell about Kit's Meet Outfit and Christmas dress, which is the main reason I was asking (well, I was also curious about Emily's, but I wasn't counting on her telling me anyting [img]tongue.gif[/img] ).

[img]graemlins/star.gif[/img] --- KERI --- [img]graemlins/star.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Felicity's riding habit and red cardinal cloak are both wool. I'm not sure about Elizabeth's pink riding habit - it doesn't feel to me like wool, but the tag does say dry clean only. I'm fairly sure Samantha's tartan plaid winter coat is also wool.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Addy's school outfit and her heart warmers are wool for sure. Elizabeth's pink riding habit is wool too. Molly's school dress is a brushed cotton twill I think. Kirsten's house shoes (can't remember the proper name) are felted so that means they are wool too.

Brenda