Thread: questions about the doll hospital...

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Question

So I have a doll with silver eye, will the hospital replace the entire head for free or just the eyes? Will they pay for shipping?

Also, I had heard from an ebay seller that the hospital does not accept dolls with "x"s on them. Does anyone know if this is true?

Thanks!!

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

For silver eye problem the doll hospital WILL accept dolls with the "x". You pay to ship the doll to the hospital and the hospital pays to ship it back to you. They will replace the head rather than just the eyes if you include a note. Whether you want just the eyes replaced or the entire head, you should include a note stating what you want done. I have sent several dolls with silver eye to the hospital and they have always done what I asked, 1 needed a new head and the rest needed just the eyes replaced. Hope this helps.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for your replies!! I will have her head replaced then. This doll will be for my little girl. I get conflicted on issues like these because the collector in me says keep her the way she is and the mother in me says to give the best possible to my DD.

I love this board!! I already ran to Target to get some items for DD!! They didn't have the trunk, I will have to wait on that one!!

Christine

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I had a PM Molly w/a haircut and silver eye.. I had just the eye's replaced on her.. I am glad I did.. she has such a pretty look out of her face since she is PM. I say do what makes you happy. [img]smile.gif[/img] My daughter has a new current market Mattel Molly and just loves her.
    Angie

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I am new poster, but had the same question. My doll (newly acquired)is marked pleasant company with artists mark however her hair is chopped at a length of Lindsey's. Brown hair and blue eyes (one silver eye). If I want them to replace the head will they replace it with an older head or a new head? I do not mind the hair length but it is chopped close on one ear so you can tell it was done by a kid. I am a sentimentalist so on one hand it would be great for DD to have an almost new doll (for Christmas)on the other hand will I destroy any or all of her worth(If she is worth anything)?

I would love your opinions on this.

Christine
    Living Vicariously Through My Daughter

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Hi, About the brown haired/blue eyed doll, I would have the head replaced if it's a gift for your daughter. The only reason to retain the old head would be if you were a collector, I think your daughter would rather have something nice and new for Christmas. Those silver eyes are a little scarey.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

They use new heads when they do a head replacement. That is one of the drawbacks of sending in a PM doll -- she comes back with a Mattel head and/or eyes and a plastic tie (unless you adamantly request neck strings). Nothing against Mattel dolls -- they are plenty gorgeous -- but a lot of people prefer the PM characteristics, especially the eyelashes.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

A friend had told me that even if you do just have the eyes replaced, they still come back with the stiff black eyelashes. So if you send in a PM with the soft eyelashes and ask for just an eye replacement, you won't get your soft eyelashes back. When I heard this, I thought I might as well just get a whole head replacement. That way I did get better hair since my PM's hair was a little weird. Hope this helps! [img]smile.gif[/img]