Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I noticed some people have "custom" dolls - such as AGT's with shorter hair. I had to get Felicity rewigged a few years ago (as she was my first doll, her hair was a mess), and I really like her new hair's color (it's a light strawberry blond). However, it's really thin. You can't do much with it besides leave it down, because when you pull it up you can see the wig and it looks bad. I was thinking of cutting her hair as a "going away" present for her going to college this fall. I don't really want to spend the money to get her a new wig from AG and I like the color of her hair now, just not the thinness. I think if I cut it shorter I would like leaving it down better, but it's ridiculously long now. Anyone have any tips on cutting dolls' hair? Would it be worth it to take her to an actual hair stylist, and get it layered (as I think this would make it look thicker)? I would want to get it cut to about shoulder length or a little longer. I just think it would be a lot more manageable. Right now it looks pretty blah down and all I've been able to do with it without having the wig/glue show is put it up in a bun, but it's so think that doesn't look good.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I know there are over 60 views on this, but no replies!! Has anyone cut their doll's hair?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I cut my AGT's hair a few times. Her wig was terrible when we first got her (in 96), but I was an impatient child and didn't want to wait for a new doll, so we just kept her. A few years later, it had gotten so bad that we had to trim the ends. And trim it again a few years later, and then again, and then I finally ordered her a new wig online and cut her old one really short, just for the heck of it.

I've also trimmed (more like a few inches) my Josefina's hair because I hated how it looked out of the braid.

I found/find it pretty easy to cut their hair, but you might want to take her to a stylist to be on the safe side.

Also, when I rewigged my AGT (she's in my avatar), her wig was VERY thin. I ended up trimming the bangs, (they're obviously quite long), and didn't like it, so I bought a new one. I took the hair from the old wig and sewed it into the new wig, so it's twice as thick. Does the site you bought yours from still have the same wig? It was very easy to do, and I'm really happy with her wig now.

HTH [img]smile.gif[/img] .

thepidget

I've never cut my doll's hair. If you wanted to cut your doll's hair, though, it might be better to take it to an actual stylist. It would be bad if you made any mistakes while cutting. [img]frown.gif[/img] I know that the AGP's have doll hair salons, but I'm not totally sure if they do haircuts. Good luck deciding on what to do.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Actually I didn't rewig Lissie's hair; I was about 11 or 12 when she got it done and we took her to a doll shop that also has restrung Marie's leg many times. The lady who runs the shop does a good job, and I'd ask her where the wig was from but I don't think the store's there anymore!!