Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Just let me know the date. My only obstacle is baseball season.

Originally posted by supernonamegirl:
    And, just in case, is anyone aware how close the store is too the train station?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I only know about the south shoreline, which ends just south of the river. You can take the city train (the L?) and there is a station a couple of blocks down from AGPC.

Inactive Member supernonamegirl's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by OSusannah:
    Just let me know the date. My only obstacle is baseball season.

</font><blockquote><font size="1" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">quote:</font><hr /><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Originally posted by supernonamegirl:
    And, just in case, is anyone aware how close the store is too the train station?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I only know about the south shoreline, which ends just south of the river. You can take the city train (the L?) and there is a station a couple of blocks down from AGPC.</font><hr /></blockquote><font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I'm thinking of Union Station in Chicago.? I'm not terribly familar with the area, but can read a map and follow directions. Amtrak has pretty good prices from the detroit area to chicago so long as you go on a weekday.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I'm interested too. [img]biggrin.gif[/img] I will watch for plans, to see if I can come too. [img]cool.gif[/img]
    Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

[quote]Originally posted by supernonamegirl:
    I'm thinking of Union Station in Chicago.? I'm not terribly familar with the area, but can read a map and follow directions. Amtrak has pretty good prices from the detroit area to chicago so long as you go on a weekday.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Union Station is just over a mile south of E. Chicago. I'm no expert, I just checked my Streetwise Chicago map. [img]wink.gif[/img] It's about 3/4 mile due west of the Art Institute. That's a pretty good hike. You could catch a bus (or two) or walk to a Free Trolley stop. The trolley stops across the street from AGPC.

Inactive Member djsnjones@mindspring.com's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

You can check this website for the route and buses/trains, to get from point A to point B. If this link doesn't take you to the directions page, just click on "Trip Planner", in the column on the right-hand side, just below "Train Schedules".

http://tripsweb.rtachicago.com/

Best wishes,
    Joy

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL):
    Cool! When do you plan to stop in Chicago, Laura? we could use that date as a starting point. That would also give everyone time to plan their own trips.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, my mom says that we'll be in Chicago toward the end of July..around July 30th or 31st. It sounds like we'll be going to Chicago before heading home.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have walked from Union Station to AGPC. It is walkable. I would probably be taking the train into Union Station if I can go. The train is much less of a hassle than driving.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

The end of July might be good because it would give us time for everyone to plan their trips.
    I'm thinking maybe a Saturday or Sunday although I know it's busiest on weekends. I'm not sure about everyone else's availability. It looks like I'll be helping out with Brownie Girl Scout meetings on Friday afternoons.

I will be taking the El red line and getting off at Chicago Ave. It's a very short walk from the Chicago Ave. Red Line stop.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ May 12, 2006 11:26 PM: Message edited by: Diamond Dragon (Katie from IL) ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)
    We plan to be in Chicago Aug 11-15th.
    Going to try to do the brunch at AGP again.
    It was so good.
    We'll be taking the train from MPLS/StP and then a cab from Union Station to our hotel which is just a couple blocks from AGP
    I suppose you could walk from Union Station,but it's a bit of a hike.
    Intersting walk,tho.
    If anyone is in Chicago during our stay I'd love to meet and chat.
    (Dollie are welcome,for sure!)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12