Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Signature Picture Sizes - Your thoughts?

Janie3082

When I post a pic in my sig, I use the ones from Imagestation since that's the only online place I have my pictures. It looks like a lot of us use that size, but let me know if I need to do something different.

I personally like seeing everyone's different dolly pics, but many lines of text kind of bug me. I hope nobody is upset with me for saying so, but I really dislike scrolling text, especially in all different colors. It kind of gives me a headache when I'm trying to read the posts. Just my humble opinion. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have high-speed so I'm not personally affected too much, but yeah, I like pictures to be slightly small. Perhaps a thread with the rules could include a few easy ways to resize pictures? (As in, the 75%, 75% again method, using Paint Shop, etc.)

Is there any household object that can be used for an approximate ideal size? I know that's difficult because monitors are all different, though.

Or maybe someone could even create a "max size" picture (portrait and landscape mode both) and host that somewhere, as an image that can be linked to in the signature size sticky? Then people can have a very clear visual reference of what's OK and what's not--going a few pixels/millimeters over would be OK, but definitely not an inch or two over. (I'm sure a lot of people don't read that sticky, though, so that might not work outright. [img]frown.gif[/img] )

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Is this siggy OK? I try to keep the picture size down. My photobucket program has different options and I use the "email" one. Part of the problem may be that photobucket has a "message forum" size that is HUGE! I realized that the other day when trying to change my signature picture.

Felicity_Fan85

I think that's a good size, MaryCarly.

I don't really care for the marquee/scrolling text either. If anything, some people who have it could probably put their dolls on a blank paint program and then upload that and link it next to their picture. Or if the picture is small enough, add it to the side of that on a plain or nice background.

Some magazine I read said that scrolling text takes away 10% of your attention span for the rest of the day. Not sure if that's true or not, but it was interesting.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

In case anybody would like to know, it's fairly easy to resize images by using dimension tags within image tags. Basically, you just reset the pixel height and width of the picture. ^_^

This website has the format for dimension tags, just look under the heading called 'Thumbnails'. Then insert the number of pixels high and wide you want the piccie to be. (You can find the original dimensions of a pic by right clicking on it and going to properties. Then take those numbers and use them to properly scale the picture so it doesn't come out skewed.)

I hope this will help some people. =)

thepidget

Thanks for posting this thread. I love seeing siggy pics, but it's a little frustrating if you have to keep wading through gigantic photos. [img]confused.gif[/img] I know this is something that's hard to regulate so I'm don't want to be too picky, though.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for all your input. I posted this thread with the idea that the rules/guidelines for signatures may need to be revised since so many members are not in compliance. I thought maybe signature limitations no longer were important on our board, but it seems that most people still want some limits.

When I went back to photobucket to try to explain the resizing, I realized they changed their options just like MaryCarly said.

As far as mods PMing people, I am the mod in charge of sigs and avatars. I have PMd people from time to time about this, but it hasn't been effective. Since so many people are out of compliance now, I thought I would start this thread. If I do PM you, please don't feel singled out or offended. I am just trying to make our board run faster and easier for all of us.

pleasantmonkey210

is this tooooo small?

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by Jess417:
    is this tooooo small?
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Well, it looks cute, but I like the size photo of Pidgetgirl.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Could someone who is computer literate simple explain how to resize photos for sigs and avatars. I have used photoshop and photobucket.com in the past. Now, photobucket has changed its options and not everyone has photoshop.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast