Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's been really hot here in Wi too-in the 90's since the weekend, muggy, with thunderstorms that didn't really seem to cool anything down. It's supposto get nicer and be in the mid 70's for the weekend and into next week. [img]graemlins/sun.gif[/img] Perfect weather IMHO.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Normally we would have had AC in right now, but money is tight and I have told DH NOT to put them in so I am not tempted

Inactive Member AG DRESS DESIGNER's Avatar
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I have the AC on, but set at 80 degrees. The electric has gone here up by 24% this year, so we can't afford to have the house too cool and run the swimming pool. We just bought a window AC to put in my sewing room. We may get ones for the bedrooms also.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by AG Dress Designer:
    We just bought a window AC to put in my sewing room. We may get ones for the bedrooms also.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">I love window units. They are economical to run, and they cool very well and very fast IF they are in a room that has a door that can be closed. The units I got were about $110 each at Lowe's, and they even came with a remote control.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I guess we are lucky here in Maine. . . it is warm, but not hot and sticky. I hate it when it is hot and humid later in the summer, I especially hate trying to sleep in that weather. Sorry about the heat folks, guess you should all move to Maine! We could use more AG fans here! [img]biggrin.gif[/img]

AG Crazy in Wyoming
    It could always be snowing! It snowed here both Monday and Tuesday. It's freezing each night (was 18* this morning) and is supposed to freeze until Sat. Hopefully then I can put out my annuals. How about you gals in Salt Lake? Heard your weather might be icky too. I would LOVE 90* and humidty and a swimming pool, at least for a day or two. Send it here please. ~Bugs [img]cool.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Our weather has been so mixed up! [img]tongue.gif[/img] We were having record high temperatures a week ago - high 80's, even up to 90 degrees. Then on Saturday, our high was in the low 50's! I drive by a current weather marquee every day - last Friday about 1:30 p.m. it said 87 degrees and Saturday at noon it said 53 degrees! Crazy! It didn't get down to freezing at my house on Saturday night, but there was new snow at the ski resorts on Sunday. Monday warmed up a little, but a lot of Memorial weekend campers were disappointed. Today's temps were up into the high 70's, and it's supposed to be reaching 90 again by the weekend. *shakes head*

thepidget

I feel your pain too. I was outdoors for much of today in the Valley (which tends to be hotter than metropolitan Los Angeles) for a friend's college graduation. IT WAS SO HOT. And I didn't have a hat or sunblock or anything with me. [img]graemlins/cry.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

We knew the minute they decided to have a/c installed in our offices that the summer would be in such a way that you don't need it - and we're right. The a/c is supposed to go 'live' this week and since last Friday the weather turned wet and cold. Yesterday we had a lovely 57F and todays scorching hot forecast is 59F.

In western parts of Austria it snowed even to lower altitudes. Isn't that one inviting? Good thing is they even rent a blanket with the deck chair.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Ouch! I hope you're not too sunburnt, thepidget. Here in Downey, the heat hasn't been too bad. Of course, I've been inside all day procrastinating and doing schoolwork with the window shades shut and the fans on. It's been pretty hot out, but the dryer heat here does make it more bearable than in places where it's more humid. I also love the seeming lack of mosquitos out here. But it's definitely allergy season and there must be something here that we don't have back east...

Dreaming of Dolls*, that sounds like it'll be an awesome vacation! And I totally feel your pain- my mom and I didn't have AC when I was growing up, and the dorms at Penn State don't either (okay, except for Eastview) and they can get pretty unbearable. Maybe you could talk with your parents about getting a window unit for your room or for a room your family shares in common and is in a lot (den, family room, whatever you call it). Running a dehumidifier might help, too.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast