Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: AC Time in So. California.....

GreyMyst

Originally posted by jerseycow6:
    I also love the seeming lack of mosquitos out here. But it's definitely allergy season and there must be something here that we don't have back east...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">TOO many things. I'm taking Claritin because I get wheezy, sneezy, and runny without it. I NEVER had plant or pollen allergies before I moved to CA either.

The thing is, allergy season is all year round. Plants bloom all year round, and since the temperatures never really change, plant allergies never really stop. I just gave up, bought the cheapest generic claritin I could find and resigned myself to it.

I WAS allergic to mosquito bites and bee stings long before I came here though, so those being non-existant is VERY VERY nice and totally worth dealing with the plants. I honestly have not seen a mosquito in 5 years. Even where there is standing water, not one. It's surreal.

thepidget

Originally posted by jerseycow6:
    But it's definitely allergy season and there must be something here that we don't have back east...
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">It's so true. I haven't had any big allergy problems until yesterday. It seems like I can't stop sneezing and sniffling now! [img]frown.gif[/img] I guess I'll have to take some Claritin. I'm not sure what it is about SoCal that triggers my allergies--most likely the pollen? But every single year, it's a problem! Grrr! [img]mad.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    1 Post(s)

Thanks for the info. Back east I only really had issues during and after I mowed the lawn, and I also couldn't keep real flowers in my room. I'm going to have to look into getting some Claritin, then. I spent the large majority of last summer here sick and with throat infections and I'll bet it was because of allergies. I started feeling icky again yesterday and today and I really don't want to have to deal with that again this summer.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 01, 2006 05:11 AM: Message edited by: jerseycow6 ]</font>

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

It's in the 100's here. We've had our AC on for at least a month, which is how long it's been at least 90, I believe.

The high today is 104, same as it was yesterday, and is supposed to be around there all week, and probably around the same, if not more, for the next 2 months.

And I'm not even in the hottest part of AZ.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Oh, Cami! That is really hot. I don't mind hot weather when I am in Las Vegas on vacation or on a beach vacation, when going to work and doing yard work, etc. the heat is awful. It was 90 degrees one day last weekend and I was planting flowers. I was miserable. Today, it is about 75 and will get down to 65 at night. Nice sleeping weather. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Originally posted by judiaci:
    Oh, Cami! That is really hot.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Yes, but it's a dry heat.... [img]tongue.gif[/img] [img]wink.gif[/img]

Edited to add that at least when we have hot, dry summer days here in northern Utah, our summer evenings and nights are more beautiful than anyplace I've ever been - cool and clear, with canyon breezes - it's gotta' be just like heaven!

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ June 02, 2006 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Jeanette M. ]</font>

prasnlrd
    Anyone believe that "Global Warming" is happening? That movie "The Day After Tomorrow" makes you wonder, huh? (IMO)

[img]graemlins/island.gif[/img] [img]eek.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/island.gif[/img]

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123