Thread: Cleaning AG skin?

iheartAG

My Samantha is SO dirty from me using and playing with her all the time, since I've had her the longest. It looks like she has a BAD tan! And, it's probably because I used to take her everywhere with me. I know AG has their skin care kit, but is there any other way to clean it without buying it? And if you can't clean it with anything else, is the kit worth the $20?

Thanks in advance!

emer222

A lot of people on the board use a Mr. Clean Magic Eraser. It looks like a white sponge. Wet the sponge, squeeze out the excess water and rub the dirty or shiny spots. Use very gently on painted areas (lips, eyebrows, etc).
    The powder in the doll care kit is baking soda. So, I would say that it's not worth $20. Other than that, wire wig brush and misting bottle are the only things that you need for general doll maintenance.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I sometimes like to use a baby wipe first and then I use a magic eraser to get the really grimy spots. A warm washcloth with a little baking soda works, too. I bought the doll cleaning kit before I realized it was just baking soda. It's a cute set but it's cheaper just to use what's already in your kitchen cabinet.

<font color="#33CCCC" size="1">[ November 12, 2006 12:31 PM: Message edited by: Princess Kailey ]</font>

Janie3082

Yes, Mr. Clean Magic Eraser for me! I used it on my PM Kirsten and my sister's PM Felicity and it worked great. I would start with a brand new sponge, though. It tends to really wear it down, at least it did for me. [img]smile.gif[/img]

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

the magic eraser can remove face paint, so be very careful with painted areas

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

I use baking powder for their skin. And if there are some marks that will not come out us a dash of nailpolish remover.

Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

Yes, baking soda works just fine! [img]smile.gif[/img]

BUT--before you use any nail polish remover, make sure it's the NON-ACETONE kind--the regular kind will damage the vinyl!! [img]eek.gif[/img]